PDA

View Full Version : Problems, Problems, Problems!!

boombaby
01-22-2005, 08:03 AM
O.K., now after fixing the motor problems I run into yet another. The gun shoots fine on semi-auto, but on full it jams every 4 or so shots. Could this be the result of partly taking apart my gun, or could there be another problem?

Thanks

AustinWolv
01-22-2005, 08:51 AM
My first reaction would be to check the hopup bucking to make sure it is installed correctly or is torn. If not, it can block the path down the barrel. I have seen that happen where the first couple BBs will get through, but they cause the torn part to get bent down and into the way of following BBs from getting hit in rapid succession.

The other, even simpler thing is to make sure your barrel is clean.

Lastly, what kind of BBs are you using?

boombaby
01-22-2005, 09:00 AM
How can I check the hop up? I think that is the problem, but have never messed with it before. Concerning the BBs, I use excel and cybergun .25s.

AustinWolv
01-22-2005, 09:02 AM
You need to take the gun down to the point where you can look down the barrel/shine a flashlight down at the hopup bucking to inspect if it is torn or stretched in any weird way.

You didn't have your hopup dialed-up too high, did you? That could cause blockage as well.

When you say jammed, I'm assuming you get a BB stuck in the chamber, having to remove the magazine from the gun, and shove an unjamming rod down the barrel to clear it?

boombaby
01-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Yes, I had to use an unjamming rod, and I messed with the hop up switch to no success. When the BB gets jammed, I can see a small black thread hanging on it. Could that be the tear in the hop up.

AustinWolv
01-22-2005, 09:25 AM
Definitely a possibility. Or some foreign object that somehow got into your barrel.

Scarface
01-22-2005, 09:36 AM
Is there a way to fix the hop up?

boombaby
01-22-2005, 02:37 PM
So, does anyone know how I can remove/fix the hop-up?

AustinWolv
01-22-2005, 02:55 PM
It would help to know what kind of AEG you have. Was it a MP5?
http://www.austinairsoft.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewfile&id=43

You take the gun down to the barrel assembly. Take the clip off the barrel at the front end of the hopup assembly. You can then slide the barrel out. Be careful not to lose the very small rubber cylinder that can come out when you take the barrel out. From there, you can take off the rubber sleeve (the hopup bucking) from the barrel and inspect it.

boombaby
01-22-2005, 03:39 PM
It is an Mp5, and thanks once again for the help Wolv.

Ehmark785
01-22-2005, 05:04 PM
WOW i was just about to post about how i lost that little rubber piece,lol Is there anyway to replace it?

AustinWolv
01-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Yes, they sell replacements. Conversely, people sometimes use their own little pieces cut to the same size, made out of wire insulation or the plastic sprue tree from plastic models.