PDA

View Full Version : barrel extension

daj
01-19-2005, 11:34 PM
I read online that someone used a PVC pipe to make a barrel extension. What would I have to do to make something like this? I don't think it would be that hard but I could be wrong. Please tell me if this is the wrong forum for this thread because I looked at the others and thought this would be more appropriate.

skitelluride531
01-20-2005, 07:22 AM
Are you talking about the inner or outer barrel? I am pretty sure it is impossible to extend your inner barrel (unless of course you purchase a longer inner barrel).

As for the outer barrel, my friend and I attempted to make a "silencer" out of ductape and a toilet paper, and a flash hider. That ended up turning out looking like sometime that it definetly should not have. Heh, I wish I had a picture...

daj
01-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Nice, I mean the outer barrel. Where you connect a silencer to. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard I just need to know what pipe to get, and how to make the threads.

Dragon
01-20-2005, 01:50 PM
I made one a while back. Worked pretty well too. MP5 with about a 12in silencer on the end of it is what it looked like.

I used this...
http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=GD-ACC-AD01_cat_Attachments%20for%20AEGs&PHPSESSID=a667afb2d3f8843293aa058a0b1e3127

And this...
http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=GD-ACC-AD02_cat_Attachments%20for%20AEGs

Pier 1 sells incense sticks in 1in by 12in tin tubes.

I punched a hole in the top of the tin tube and sandwiched the top between the above silencer attachments.

The barrel wasn't quite long enough to reach and the whole thing wobbled because the inner barrel couldn't reach/attach to the bottom of the tin tube. So I cut about 2inches off of a 1in dowel and drilled a hole through the middle of it. Then I used 3 short wood screws and attached the dowel to the inside bottom of the tin tube.

Once everything mounted and looked decent I painted it up and it was done!

You could also probably use PVC tubes and PVC caps but PVC looks like PVC painted or unpainted.

boombaby
01-20-2005, 03:54 PM
If I can figure out how to post pictures, I would be happy to show you mine. I took a piece of pipe, removed the flash hider, and slid the outer barrel over it.