PDA

View Full Version : MP5 odd question.

daj
01-17-2005, 06:02 PM
I know this is a rather weird question but does anyone know how to mount a bipod on a MP5A4? I know that it does not belong there, but I think it might be kind of cool to have. If anyone has a suggestion of how to put one on please tell me. Thank you for your time and putting up with my silly idea.

boombaby
01-18-2005, 05:49 PM
If you really want to it is probobly fairly easy. I belive that on shorty Usa they sell the Super 9 bipod for 9 bucks. It easily attaches to the barrel of your gun, so all you would have to do would be to remove the flash hider along with the front sight and you will have about 3 to 4 inches showing of your barrel. This should be enough to attach the Bi-Pod.

Just curious, why (besides looks) would you want a Bi-Pod on an Mp5. I have the same gun as you and it is very compact alowing for easy aiming. Usually Bi-Pods are used on sniper rifles to steady the gun (get a more accurate shot) and on support weapons to help spray the battle field and help bear some of the weight.

Hope this helps!

daj
01-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Yeah it is just for looks. No real reason for mounting one. Just like the way they look :).

boombaby
01-19-2005, 04:35 PM
Thats cool. Hoped I helped.

daj
01-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Yeah that helped sort of... I dont really want to remove anything, is there one that mounts to a RIS rail?

AustinWolv
01-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Yes, you can mount bipods to a RIS rail via an adapter.

daj
01-19-2005, 11:13 PM
Oh that's cool. Thank you guys for your help :) :cheers: