PDA

View Full Version : 08.10.03 Hunters

AustinWolv
07-31-2003, 02:48 PM
While I will not be able to make it, it appears a number of San Antonio players will be attending on 8/10. Might be fun for as many people as possible to get out to Hunter's and meet/play with some different Airsofters and encourage them to come back more often. :)

cclark1985
07-31-2003, 02:54 PM
I will most likely be there.

mcoupe11
07-31-2003, 07:17 PM
I am likely to attend.

Alloy
08-01-2003, 12:32 AM
I'll be coming with some players from San Antonio. I hope everyone who can make it from Austin will. I will also be bringing a couple of guys from New Braunfels.

DoctorNo
08-01-2003, 09:41 AM
I should be there a bit late after the carbine match ...

Katana
08-02-2003, 03:01 AM
Ditto DrNo's comments.

WidoW-MakeR
08-03-2003, 08:22 PM
I should most likely be there. Hopefully we get a pretty good turn out, play some of the longer games.

Jay
08-06-2003, 02:54 PM
I want to play the following scenario but with simpler medic rules than listed:
http://www.austinairsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2251

If there are 20 people, I think the above can be really fun. I think most people are somewhat aware of the locations of the markers after last week. If not, that'll be a "fun" part of the scenario. Jeremy, please bring your felt flags. We'll need 6 in total.

Everyone, this should be a slightly larger turnout than lately, so I encourage y'all to come out so we can reach critical big scenario mass.

littleNinJai
08-06-2003, 03:42 PM
Most likely, I shall arrive. Jay, that sounds fun! I would be up for that!

WidoW-MakeR
08-07-2003, 02:56 PM
is this the official " 8/10 Hunters " thread?

Jay
08-07-2003, 03:09 PM
Yes. Sure.

Please post if you will be attending.

There should be a bigger turnout than normal this week.
Since some people will be late, we'll prolly play a few short games at first [defend 2 points, etc.]. After a short break, I want to play the longer game detailed in the link above.

As always, make suggestions as to what types of games you want to play.

cclark1985
08-07-2003, 03:12 PM
I want to play games in the trees! And also games where my team wins! And games where Jay gets shot! oh wait, thats every game :p

Agrovale
08-07-2003, 03:25 PM
I'm going to try my best to make it. Have been feeling like total crap lately though. Maybe it's airsoft withdrawal.

Jay
08-07-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by cclark1985
I want to play games in the trees! And also games where my team wins! And games where Jay gets shot! oh wait, thats every game :p

:mad:
Hey. I already have an archnemesis. You're lucky Wolv won't be there this week. He'd overshoot you for trying to take his job. :D

cclark1985
08-07-2003, 04:06 PM
Wolv is lucky he isn't going to be there this weekend, he woulda gotten his too. :cool: :D

Rayzor
08-07-2003, 05:23 PM
Sounds like Chris has been racking up some kills lately...either that or talkin' a load of smack :p

AustinWolv
08-07-2003, 05:34 PM
Riiiiight. :rolleyes:

Everyone's tinfoil Airsoft medal is in the mail for their valor on the Airsoft field in saving their squadmates from the hail of withering plastic BB's, while singlehandedly dispatching an entire squad of enemies with l33t Ranger skillz. Go wait by the mailbox for the package to arrive.

:p

cclark1985
08-07-2003, 05:41 PM
That cracked me up Wolv :D
Don't mind me, I do talk smack. I'm a kidder.

AustinWolv
08-07-2003, 05:49 PM

Join the club. :D

Rayzor
08-07-2003, 07:42 PM

Hehe, that's why you boast about your l33t skillz on the forums, but when you get on the field it's "**** you and your 400 fps gun!" :D

Skizm
08-07-2003, 09:40 PM
Thats ok because me and my friend "AT&T" will be attending the game to put an end to all the trash talk...

AustinWolv
08-07-2003, 10:48 PM
Oooooh, a sniper rifle.....I'm soooo scared. :p

Katana
08-07-2003, 10:52 PM
It was pretty effective on the paintball fields where cover was finite. Also, this is good sniper weather, as people aren't moving around as much in the blast-furnace we're all living in at the moment.

cclark1985
08-07-2003, 11:03 PM
Just a heads up Jeremy, I have a new gun heading my way pretty soon. The sniper will be sniped to say the least. :cool:

WidoW-MakeR
08-07-2003, 11:09 PM
So you are finally getting that rifle, Chris? Nice. :cool:

As for Hunters, I'll be there.

I shouldnt appear and act as 'noobish' as last time, and hopefully get a few more kills.

** prays for WGC shipment with scope and tightbore **

Rayzor
08-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Obsidian was completely owning everyone with his little 470 fps sniper last month.

To quote him: "I love this gun" (After hitting an OPFOR between the eyes - literally)

We shall see how Chris does with his new rifle.

cclark1985
08-07-2003, 11:49 PM
Yes we shall.

AustinWolv
08-08-2003, 12:13 AM
Fellas,
While I'm known to give people some smack as much as any other (however, only to those I know and am comfortable teasing), let's all remember that we're out there to have fun and enjoy Airsoft. This post is not directed at anyone in particular BTW. Instead, I merely encourage everyone to not let the trash-talking get too far out of hand (like I've experienced over the years of playing pick-up ball for example) and have people not enjoy the honorable competition, ie. tensions arise.
Let's remember to congratulate each other on nice shots, and also to not rub nice shots into people's faces, as that is a sign of mutual respect amongst players, which is something we all should strive to achieve.

/warm, fuzzy time off

Now, y'all go have some fun and shoot each other....a lot. And then some more, because I won't be able to for a while. <evil, sad grin>

WidoW-MakeR
08-08-2003, 12:35 AM
Alas, what is keeping you from playing, Wolv?

AustinWolv
08-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by WidoW-MakeR
Alas, what is keeping you from playing, Wolv?

I will be out of the country on business.

Rayzor
08-08-2003, 02:22 AM
Hey, it's all in fun. I do believe alot of the people on these boards talk smack on and off the field and don't mean 99.9% of it. Problems arise when a person either takes the joking around part a bit too far, or when the person the joke was aimed at (if any) takes it too seriously.

For instance, at one game, I happened to get a nice shot off at Chris. After the game, during a break in the picnic area, I told him it was me that shot him that round. His reply was, "You @$$hole". I knew he was kidding and interpreted this statement as "Nice shot."

However, there are some people out there who take things like that way too seriously and make a mountain out of an ant mound.

As Wolv said, let's all try to respect eachother both on the field and on the forums.

BTW, Wolv, how long will you be gone?

AustinWolv
08-08-2003, 02:30 AM
Rayzor, fully understand. I merely brought up the point as a reminder for people, especially since we always seem to have a new face around, or at least some people that have not skirmished together before.

I will be gone for a couple weeks.

AlphaSIX
08-08-2003, 03:47 AM
Sry I missed last 2 games, work is hell. I hope to get my new parts in for my sniper rifle; should put it in the 540FPS range. Oh, and remember the Alamo.:cool:

cclark1985
08-08-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Rayzor
For instance, at one game, I happened to get a nice shot off at Chris. After the game, during a break in the picnic area, I told him it was me that shot him that round. His reply was, "You @$$hole". I knew he was kidding and interpreted this statement as "Nice shot."

You interpreted correctly!

NanashiRoff
08-09-2003, 11:25 PM
I'm gonna show up, but I doubt I'll be able to play. I worked a full ten hours today at TXPB and I'm going to be working tommorow until noon. I'm going to bring a video camera and a digital camera though, so everyone refrain from shooting the man in the yellow shirt. :D

Also, I'd like to put out the request again- if anyone has any .30 or .36g BBs that they'd be interested in selling, (It doesn't have to be a whole bag, even a few would be fine), I would love to buy them from you. Thanks.

WidoW-MakeR
08-10-2003, 12:45 AM
oh, and could anyone perhaps bring out a charger?

My batt is about out and im without a charger.

Thanks.

Jay
08-10-2003, 06:14 AM
I may have my daughter with me out on the field. I'll be there to pen the gate and whatnot.
This means 2 things:
a. Unfortunately, I may not be able to play.
b. Keep the BB firing away from the staging area while she is there, please.

If I'm not going to be able to play, I'll be leaving soon after people arrive, and you can go back to chipping car paintjobs and whatnot.;)

So, y'all have fun for me :(

Weather Alert ! (http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/local/78749)

cclark1985
08-10-2003, 12:48 PM
"Batts have finished charging.
Boots are strapped.
Much water is in the cooler.
I can barely feel my hangover."

See ya soon, mates
:D

Jay
08-10-2003, 06:39 PM
Alright.
Let's have some wicked detailed AARs?

Rayzor
08-10-2003, 06:47 PM
Holy crap, was today weird. Insanely sunny outside, yet pouring rain heavier than I've seen since the beginning of the year. Did you guys get that out there?

cclark1985
08-10-2003, 07:41 PM
Clear skys at the field. A little musky early in the day, but it got cooler, with a nice breeze.

AAR is soon to come, I'm going to the pool to relax.

littleNinJai
08-10-2003, 07:55 PM
I had a good time! Although I had to leave for church, I still had a really good time at Hunter's. When I got home, pissed that I couldn't play more, I found out that I had the choice to go to church or not. This made me angrier than before. Therefore, I am angry x2.

Jay
08-10-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by littleNinJai
Therefore, I am angry x2.

(anger)

Obsidian
08-10-2003, 08:41 PM
It was an awesome game minus the pathetic showing of austin people. It looked more like we went to SA to play them. They had about 20 people and we started off with 5 or 6.

WidoW-MakeR
08-10-2003, 09:29 PM
:p

And the first game, when we defended, it was like 7 or 8 vs. 15.

And tehy started 5 minutes before us....

AustinWolv
08-10-2003, 10:28 PM
And the first game, when we defended, it was like 7 or 8 vs. 15.

Nothing wrong with that. If you had even numbers with one team defending an objective, it is too easy to defend. Attacking forces typically should have 3:1 numbers in their favor.

mcoupe11
08-10-2003, 10:52 PM
I'd like to thank all the players that made the trip from San Antonio to come play; thanks to your attendence, it was a highly successful day of airsoft. I hope you all enjoyed your time and that we'll see everyone out on the field again. If there's a field in SA available for airsoft, let us know; I, personally, would be happy to make the trip down and return the favor.

Katana
08-10-2003, 11:33 PM
Agreed. We should try to organize a visit.

WidoW-MakeR
08-10-2003, 11:40 PM
Wolv, I wasnt trying to complain about the numbers, I was only emphasizing the point that there werent many Austin players....and that they started before us, which messed some of us up.

AustinWolv
08-11-2003, 02:17 AM
Widow, understood now. Your previous post was not clear enough to convey your true meaning. You should work on that. ;)

Obsidian
08-11-2003, 09:59 AM
AAR

First game the Austinites defended Point LA. The SA people started at point Helena. We spread out all along the fence down into the gully and up on the hill. We had 2 sniper rifles covering the rock wall and the gulley. The terrain really nice with lots of cover due to the undergrowth. The SA people appeared to take a 2 pronged attack. 1 group coming down the rock wall and 1 towards the gully. Sniper fire was pretty effective in this area till they hit the deck and started low crawling to us. They have some very patient players that will spend as much time as needed to crawl to their destination. It was pretty hard for them to get in where we were due to the cover and the lighting. They had to come through the sun so it was easy to find them. We had a couple close calls when some of their people crawled within visual distance of the LA marker. The game ended due to time constraints.

2nd game we had to take a box from the shack to point detroit. I believe the SA people started at point New york. We started working our way up through the field with no real idea of where that point was. We had alot of give and take battles. We ended up being strung out all along the bottom side of the field and they started getting around us and picking us off. It got down to just Jason, Chris, and myself. Jason took the box to the woods and chris and I sat out in the open using sniper fire to keep them away from us. Eventually Reece showed up and he and jason tried to run the box up through the trees. Chris and I tried moving forward eliminating people when we could see them. The SA people tried some amazing flanking maneuvers that would come out of nowhere. Sami's group ended up securing point detroit so Reece and Jason Dropped back and we took up the box and ran like mad for the Detroit point with an army of SA people on our heels. With about 5 min left we made it to detroit and dumped the box.

Good game for everyone. Lots of fun. The SA people have a hell of a group going. My suggestions to them are:

- split into teams that you will get familiar playing with. There were a couple times that I talked to people and they didnt know who was with them or what they were doing at the moment. There were alot of lonewolf type excursions. Reece can attest to the fact that sometimes you are really successful and most of the time you get shot.

- Upgrade your guns. The TASO limit is 400 fps and you might as well take advantage of it. There were several times when I saw that a SA player had an Austinite dead to rights but his gun could not shoot far enough. The Austin player would turn and shoot mowing down the SA person.

- I have lots of suggestions for the austin people but since there were so few of us out there...... :)

- Thanks to the SA people for coming up. Hopefully we will get to play on the same side in one of the upcoming game :)

cclark1985
08-11-2003, 01:18 PM
How fortunate we are to have Hunters field to use.

WidoW-MakeR
08-11-2003, 05:46 PM
Amen.