PDA

View Full Version : Securing a side arm

R4lph
01-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Ok, so I should be getting a M.A.V. for my birthday in the next couple of months, and also i'm hoping to get a side arm shortly as well. Namely the MP5K. I'm wondering having no experience with a real vest or even anything other than pockets on my BDU as to what would be the best way to carry this. The first thing that caught my eye was the MP5K shoulder holster/sling shown here: "http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Category?menu1=10". But then I remembered the M.A.V. will also have shoulder straps and i'm thinking it would turn into a clusterfuck up there with M.A.V., Camelback, Sling, and Holster. I know there are leg holsters, but from what i've seen those are mainly for pistols and a MP5K doesn't really even have the same shape as a pistol. Any help would be appreciated and thankyou in advance.
~Ralph

AustinWolv
01-12-2005, 10:09 PM
I have only seen very rare instances of leg rigs made for carrying MP5Ks, of which I unfortunately cannot even find you a source. That may be something that you want to have one custom-made for you or modify an existing platform. Sorry I can't offer better info. I know a local player had one, but I have no idea where he got it and when.

Dragon
01-13-2005, 09:49 AM
Talk to Katana about a leg rig for the MP5K's, he has one. There is a manufacturer of them out there.

Leudog
01-13-2005, 10:42 AM
That leg holster was a very limited production, so finding one is going to be very difficult. I just ordered a MP5K to use as a sidearm. I am changing up one of my mag pouches on my vest, and make it very similar to the leg holster. All the leg holster is a piece of canvas folded over and velco is used to secure it into place. If Reece could post some pictures of it, you could recreate it without to much hassle.

As for securing it past that, I can vouch to buying a lanyard, I think Reece had an issue that a lanyard could have come in use also.