PDA

View Full Version : Battery Question

wingnut
01-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Please forgive my ignorance on the different type of batteries but.....

I need to purchase more batteries for my M4 S-System.. here's the deal..

The only battery that will fit in the gun is a mini ( style set like this ===| 3 horizontal one vertical).

It came with a 8.4v 600mAh Nimh and the fit is very very tight. I wanted a battery that will last longer so I did some searching on the web and found a 8.4v 1100mAh Nicd.

My question is does it matter what kind of battery if get Nicd or Nimh?? I don't understand the difference.

I would like the use the Nicd, because I cannot find a Nimh 8.4v bigger than 600mAh

Any help would be appreicated.. Thanks in advance

Dragon
01-06-2005, 01:21 PM
I don't think Nicd or Nimh will affect the size of a battery.

What affects the size of the battery is mAh. The individual batteries are fatter.

Agrovale
01-06-2005, 01:22 PM
NiMh hold more mAh than the same sized NiCd pack. Are you sure that 8.4V 1100mAh is a NiCd???

Second item down.... http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/items.asp?db=11

AustinWolv
01-06-2005, 02:37 PM
NiMH and NiCd are not cell sizes and are not related to cell size, other than what size the cell needs to be with a certain cell technology to achieve a particular capacity. Those abbreviations refer to cell technologies, i.e. the makeup of the cell.

NiMH, as Agro said, can have more capacity than a NiCd cell of the same size.

As far as cell size, it changes according to cell capacity to an extent. For example, in the sub-C size cell, you can get up to 3600mAh capacity currently using NiMH, but the highest NiCd I've recalled seeing in that size cell is 2400mAh.

wingnut
01-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Great.. thanks for the replies.. See you all on the 22nd!!