PDA

View Full Version : 08.03.03 Txpb

Jay
07-28-2003, 01:29 AM
Will u be there?
What games / scenarios would you like to play?
Anything else?

cclark1985
07-28-2003, 03:17 AM
Of course Ill be there.
I like the games where the team I'm on wins and I have alot of fun ;) We should play lots of those.
Anything else? Come prepared to be shot Jay

littleNinJai
07-28-2003, 04:55 PM
ill be there! widow maker and i will show up there for our first time to play with you guys. I look forward to it! Dont go easy on us:p

LilNin

Rayzor
07-28-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Jay
Will u be there?
What games / scenarios would you like to play?
Anything else?

Maybe. It's a possibility.
A perfect mix of quick action-packed games and those long woodland ones.
If I don't make it, you'll be seeing me on the 17th with a nice new vest, 7-mile radios, and 2 pouches nice mag pouches.

Jay
07-28-2003, 06:50 PM
LilNinjai... check.
Widowmaker.... check.
Chris Clark.... check.
Ammo... check.
Will to 'kill' 2 "hard-corps"-monikered newbies and 1 smack talkin' minor.... check.

:D

cclark1985
07-28-2003, 11:20 PM
:p

Jono
07-30-2003, 02:37 PM
I will be there.

AustinWolv
07-30-2003, 03:00 PM
I should be there.

Woodlands skirmishes, with a nice, quick warm-up in the open field next to A-field or perhaps a fort warm-up. I might suggest the defending/attacking points gameplay again like we did last weekend, as that was actually a lot of fun.

Perhaps an intel-type mission where Bluefor needs to position themselves to locate and identify some characters/letters/big diagram that is protected by Opfor? Intel can't be moved, but Opfor can defend out to any point they want. So if they want to camp on the spot or if they want to go out and S&D, they can. Anything goes, but they cannot obscure the intel. Meanwhile, we could have Bluefor have their win conditions as one of the following:
1. Radio in whatever the intel may be
2. Actually return to a specific objective point and draw the intel (assuming it is a character or diagram of some sort)
Opfor win conditions:
1. Eliminate Bluefor
2. If Bluefor win condition is #2 above, then Opfor has to prevent that from happening.

Also, location of intel and location of Bluefor "reporting" objective would be unknown by either side, but perhaps could be limited to certain areas of the field for the sake of time????

cclark1985
07-30-2003, 03:29 PM
Why would the location of the intel and the location of bringing the intel back to be unknown?

AustinWolv
07-30-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by cclark1985
Why would the location of the intel and the location of bringing the intel back to be unknown?

They would be known to their respective sides, ie. Opfor would know where they are keeping the intel, but Bluefor wouldn't, while Bluefor would know where the intel needs to be delivered, while Opfor wouldn't. However, opposing forces would not know the other forces objective point so that we can avoid any lame objective-camping.

cclark1985
07-30-2003, 06:22 PM
OIC, mmmkay.

cclark1985
07-30-2003, 06:33 PM
Anyone up for a game with only pistols/secondarys in the trenches? I think that would be cool having to be conservative with your shots.

Jay
07-30-2003, 07:57 PM
we could try an "only semi" game. that would be cool.

07-30-2003, 08:41 PM
Count me in...

Dark
07-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Kris and I should be there, pending an emergency or last-minute-nazi parents.

cclark1985
08-02-2003, 11:19 AM
Can someone bring their quick charger tomorrow? My battery's needing a good charging.

WidoW-MakeR
08-02-2003, 05:57 PM
I am without a charger for mine broke, not sure how, but it doesnt charge any more. ** sigh **

So as cclark said, if someone could please bring a charger tomorrw (I should be there by about 12) , I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, Obsidian, if you would please bring the stuff from the order (assuming it has arrived).

cclark1985
08-03-2003, 12:21 PM
*prays someone brings a charger :(

WidoW-MakeR
08-03-2003, 12:39 PM
Ok, well LilNin and I are about to leave my place, so we'll see y'all out there.

cclark1985
08-03-2003, 07:27 PM
Great fun has been had today, thanks to who all participated! Hope to see the same faces AND MORE out at Hunters this coming weekend.

WidoW-MakeR
08-03-2003, 07:37 PM
Wow.

That was a lot of fun.

Lilnin and I werent really looked down upon too much, which was surprising to me.

But I think that it all went great, especially the 1 hour woodland game. I was surprised at the tactics you guys used and the radio lingo. It was very tight.

Hopefully I will get my SG1 to work, for it was being a bitch. :o

Again, thanks to everyone who participated and was cool.

cclark1985
08-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Oh and from now on, I'm known as Clark in person.

Rayzor
08-03-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by cclark1985
Oh and from now on, I'm known as Clark in person.

:confused:

So I can't call you Chris anymore?

littleNinJai
08-03-2003, 09:43 PM
I had a really great time! thank all of you guys that were there for treating us well, and not neglecting us because we are new. I had loads of fun and I will definitely come out again soon! Hope to see some more people out there next time!

lilNin

Rayzor
08-03-2003, 09:51 PM
What you will find here is an extremely friendly environment, whether you are a newcomer or a frequent player.

cclark1985
08-03-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Rayzor
:confused:

So I can't call you Chris anymore?

Ya you can, but today there were 2 Chris's and both of us had radios and it got real confusing! I spose on the radio I can go by Clark.

Rayzor
08-03-2003, 10:25 PM
Ahh, ok. That makes sense.

Dark
08-03-2003, 11:52 PM
You can have your name back soon. Kris and I are moving to Dallas in a few weeks. Today was my last game here until I am back for a break, Kris' last game is next week. Speaking of which, it has been a pleasure playing with you fine gentlemen. We will hopefully return from time to time to take potshots at you.

AustinWolv
08-04-2003, 12:51 AM
Best of luck to you both. As you already probably know, check the www.airsoftretreat.com forums to get in contact with some of the Dallas-area players.

WidoW-MakeR
08-04-2003, 05:11 PM
It was fun playing with you, dark, and have fun playing in dallas.

Katana
08-04-2003, 10:48 PM
Scott Brittain and Jay pretty much ran the day's play, and I'd like to thank them for an enjoyable set of skirmishes. Thank you, gentlemen.

Dark
08-04-2003, 11:01 PM
I would like to thank Brittain for my bad knee. Had he not been standing slightly out of range while firing at me, my dive for closer cover would have never been possible and I wouldn't have the privilege of walking around like a cripple. Thank you Brittain, I don't know what I would do without you.

cclark1985
08-05-2003, 03:18 AM
eh? you got hurt?

Dark
08-05-2003, 04:16 AM
Not bad. Atleast I don't think so I dove for cover behind a mound of dirt. It turns out the ground is rather hard. My knee was VERY sore last night and most of today. It is actually feeling alot better now, so hopefully it won't stick around. I've just been limping around, and the stairs to my room aren't much fun :rolleyes:

Brittain
08-05-2003, 11:00 AM
Actually that's an old trick I learned while having my own 3 knee operations ... force your opponent to cripple himself!

Jay
08-05-2003, 11:25 AM
AAR

FOG: Jay, Moe, Skizm, Brittain, Jim [Guest]
Whiskey [W]: A-Velv, Katana
Others: Chris & some other punk mofo’s :P
Total: 12

Trenches, East to West
FOG started on the East and immediately hit the dirt next to the first set of mounds. After seeing Avelv trying to exploit the right flank where Brittain got wasted, I decided to go in that direction confident that the left was secured by my comrades and Jeremy’s sniper rifle. Sure enough, the left flank was covered, but Avelve put about a dozen BBs on my noggin as I didn’t find sufficient cover. W seemed to move forward as a line. I believe Jim held off the right side as best he could, and this afforded Jeremy the time to plink heads with his sniper rifle.

FOG started on the west side of the same field. It seemed that W found better firing lines and kept up the ROF. I tried to move right, but a fast and wily enemy outflanked me still. I tried to shoot at him, but then I started to get fire from the opposite direction. I made a run to take the one bogey out, but the entire enemy force shot me in the azz before I got 4 steps. Fire suppression is key in close quarter games.

FOG started at the van and proceeded down the middle of the field. W dominated the right side of the field. Jim and I leapfrogged forward until we were in firing positions at the ‘X’ barricade. When I quickly popped over the barricade, I took out Katana apparently doing a Brittain impersonation by standing with his torso out in the open. :P
Jim and I died ignobly as Chris killed us both trying to flank right.

FOG started at the blue barrels. I played the first half of the game sitting behind the farthest metal barricade on the south side. I watched lots of fighting on the northern side and traded BBs with the guys holding down the cedar fort. Burton moved to the ‘X’ barricade and helped me clear out the middle. I leapfrogged toward the west. To my surprise, I heard the person shooting at me from the cedar fort run out of BBs. Fully intending to walk into a barrage of plastic, I rushed the fort and yelled “surrender!” I even put my hands up waiting for the eventual 6mm pelting. To my surprise, noone took a shot at me. Both guys in the fort were reloading and their support guy in the middle of the field must have been preoccupied. Jim and I were left at the end. I took my eyes off the enemy to reload. When I circled north toward the crackhouse, Katana came out and surrendered me mercifully.

Break.

Flag the Mini-Fort.
FOG started at the East side of A-field. We slowly moved west until we took positions just east of the objective. Jim and I jumped into the treeline as the rest maintained a perimeter to the south. Jim killed and was wasted while determining some boundary dispute toward the north. I laid in wait for his killer behind a plank of plywood. Killer walked right up on my and I dispatched him efficiently. I moved farther north to await Jim’s return from respawn. When Jim arrived and was entrenched, I ran off an enemy to the NW. Then, I proceeded south to my original position by the plank. Katana, I believe, had taken the opportunity to sneak up from the west inside the treeline. He shot me hard in the thigh. When I returned from respawn, I jumped in the treeline significantly east of the objective. When smoke was popped, I used the opportunity to get back to my plank. When Burton came up to plant the red flag, I wasted him {sorry for the overshooting}. I heard Chris stalking me from the NE. I tried to slow his hunt by glancing in his direction. When things became urgent, I rushed Katana and shot him as he was tangled in some granches on the treeline. Of course, Chris shot me. Later, I got to see Jeremy plink him in the back of the head with the M24. The game was a stalemate as Jeremy was able to take down the red flag, but he was unable to plant the green one.

3 on 3 Trenches, Semi-Auto
FOG started on the south side. Jim killed Chris as Chris tried to kill me. I dove over a mound into a 4' deep trench. My right heel is paying the price now. Moe and Jim died as Burton outranged them while they were preoccupied with the third enemy. I killed the 3rd enemy, and got into a 3 minute firefight with Burton which ended when one of his BBs grazed the brim of my boonie. Man, I know I should have gone for the pirate headwrap look in that last game!! :D

All in all… lots of fun.

cclark1985
08-05-2003, 01:29 PM
Told you to come prepared to be shot, Jay ;) :p
I've learned my lesson about Jeremy and his sniper rifle.. No matter how safe you feel staying still, always think there's a possibility of Jeremy shooting you... STAY moving if your obviously in the open. That shot in the back of the head was amazing. I heard this VVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and I prayed that wasn't coming for me, then BAM right in the back of the head.
A fun day for sure. I can't wait for Hunters this coming Sunday, I predict lots of fun!

Dark
08-05-2003, 03:02 PM
My P90 was your Jay's allie when you made your run to the Cedar Fort. I fired at him as he got up from behind the bunker all the way to when I heard surrender. I also watched as the gun fired rounds as he was getting up and as he entered the fort, but dry-fired the entire time he was in the open. I discovered after we returned for the break that my hi-cap was missing a pin that holds down one of the gears, which led to the eratic firing.