PDA

View Full Version : World Of Warcraft

Peashooter
11-22-2004, 05:13 PM
World Of Warcraft will be released tomorrow. This is the fourth installment of the warcraft series from Blizzard. This version will be a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, or MMORPG. The story is set four years after the end of Warcraft III. I along with thousands others will be joining this world. Altho I personally did not try the beta I have several friends that did and really enjoyed this. It supposedly has improved a lot of stuff over past MMORPGs such partying, combat, quest. There are two factions to chose from each with 4 races. The Alliance is the 'good' side containing the Humans, NightElfs, Dwarfs, Gnomes. Some of the classes you can chose from are Hunter, Warrior, Paladin, Warlock, Mage etc.. The Horde consist of the Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, and Undead. These two sides are considered enemies, so you can not ally with a member of the opposite faction. I have yet to decide which type of server I will join. There are 3 types of servers available. Traditional Player Vs. Environment, which is where you battle it out with monsters and Computer players of the opposite faction. Then 'Race Wars' which you can battle with monsters and both computer and non-computer characters of the opposite faction. Finally there is Player Vs Player were you are allowed to Duel with people of the same faction. If you like Warcraft III, DiabloII or any other RPG I would recommend giving WoW a try. If you would like more information about World Of Warcraft please visit
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com
The official Blizzard website.

Peashooter
11-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Ok now that I have played the game for almost a week I am going to post a review of the game. I went to Walmart at 1 in the morning to get this game and they were already sold out from its release at midnight. So I had to drive 30 minutes away to the nearest Walmart where they had a nice display of roughly 50 copies. The installation was about the same as Half-life 2 for time except the regristration was much faster for WoW. My character of choice was the NightElf. After about 20 minutes of playing this game I was in awe of how much better this game was over any of the past MMOs I have played. The GUI is very user friendly. It is very very easy to pick up on this game. There are so many quest for you to do. The quest are very easy to find also, there is a yellow explination mark about the person head you need to talk to. I have yet to find a boring quest. Unlike Final Fantasy XI Online where after Level 12 I stoped doing quest. The environment is in my opinion very well made. Some people that think all games should be realistic looking might think this looks cartoony. The game does not look cartoony to me though. It has a very nice fantasy look to it. Battling is fun and easy to get use to. The animations are well made. Most of the cities look awesome, like something out of a movie. I haven't really fought other players yet. One Undead Mage was in my land and killed me with a fireball in 2 hits. Other than that I have yet to experience attacking other players. I have watched players duel, and it looks pretty cool. This game was definetly more complete at release than any other MMORPG. The only time I have experienced any lag was on day 2 when they were adding more servers and taking several off-line. I am a Level 17 Nigtelf Hunter. I have been playing it non-stop since release, and I must say I have yet to be bored with this game. I definetly intend to play this game for a wile. Consider giving it a shot.