PDA

View Full Version : VSR-10 Cylinder pin removal Q's

spazzytroy
11-16-2004, 05:42 PM
Well my VSR-10 G-spec + goodies just arrived, and I am so stoked. I've messed around with it a little and am now ready to install my upgrades, the only problem is that Mauri in their infinite wisdom decided to try and keep me from doing just that, installing my upgrades.

I was wondering if anyone might have the drill guide from Den that they'd be willing to loan me, or just any tips in general.

Thanks in advance,
Troy

AustinWolv
11-16-2004, 06:09 PM
You will probably want to discuss with Laphta, who has an upgraded VSR-10 also.

More info:
http://www.austinairsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5183&highlight=vsr-10

Freezer26
11-16-2004, 08:42 PM
This is another site that might be of some use.

http://www.honolulu888.homestead.com/Vsr10.html

AustinWolv
11-16-2004, 08:52 PM
This is another site that might be of some use.

http://www.honolulu888.homestead.com/Vsr10.html
Appreciate the effort, but you should review the thread first. That was linked just above yours in the old thread.

spazzytroy
11-16-2004, 09:20 PM
thanks for the input, I had the link already, I've talked to 888 alot in the past about shot consistency with gas guns and about the VSR-10 in particular.

Thanks for the forum name wolv, I couldn't for the life of me remember it. lol.

LaPHtA
11-17-2004, 09:21 AM
I've PM'd him the info he needs to upgrade, no worries there. Will be nice to see the G-Spec on the field.

Freezer26
11-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Appreciate the effort, but you should review the thread first. That was linked just above yours in the old thread.

Sorry about that, Ill pay more attention next time.

If your planning on drilling out the pin make sure that you get a REALLY strong drill bit. For some reason Mauri decided to make the bit out of stainless steal, I broke 3 Bits drilling it out ( For some reason they didn't send me the cylinder opener with the rest of the stuff I ordered) Also go really slow as in you don't want the bit to slip and drill into the cylinder and you don't want to go to deep and start drilling into the o ring on the cylinder head.

spazzytroy
11-17-2004, 07:23 PM
UG! i opened my gun's trigger today to replace the sears that i thought were plastic. Turns out they're metal. I decided that I should replace them just in case, since I already had the parts. Turns, out the hole in the second sear is smaller with the upgrade than in the original, meaning it doesn't fit. At this point i've put the original back together and am debating about leaving the sears stock till it breaks with my 150.

spazzytroy
11-17-2004, 08:12 PM
hmm, now the pin that you have to drop out isnt going back up, it's the pin that keeps the cylinder from pulling out when you cycle the gun.

spazzytroy
11-17-2004, 08:23 PM
well now, it looks like this pin is supposed to slide up into the cylinder behind the spring guide. I got it most of the way in, but the last hop that fits onto the bump on the back of the spring guide wont go. I've tried silicone spray to no avail.

spazzytroy
11-17-2004, 09:13 PM
ok, problem solved. It required some gentle...uh...coaxing.

LaPHtA
11-17-2004, 10:59 PM
yeah, you have to whack it back into place with the upgraded spring in there. The piston is being pushed back HARD now. :)

The only sear problem I have had is with the stock second sear...nothing broke, just wore down. I have a new one en route...but if you want to sell that one that doesn't fit the G, it'll likely fit my pro sniper. ;)

spazzytroy
11-18-2004, 12:10 AM
well i bought the deepfire sear set, which comes with the primary and secondary, just no spring or pin.

Were your original sears plastic or metal?

LaPHtA
11-18-2004, 01:02 AM
Metal. TM went out of their way to make the VSR series a quality one. Honestly, I am not certain it is the second sear that is failing on me, but all my trouble shooting points to it. IF it has indeed worn down enough to not be able to hold the piston in place, it isn't by much.

Too many people out there still scoff at the idea that TM might be able to make a worthwhile springer rifle at such a low price as compared to the others. Maybe I am biased, but I wouldn't swap it for any other.