PDA

View Full Version : CounterStrike: Source

id0l
11-15-2004, 04:23 PM
Has anybody had the chance to play the new CounterStrike?

Entitled CounterStrike: Source, it is basically a remake of the original CounterStrike, with MUCH improved graphics, sounds, and physics. Alot of people think of it as CounterStrike 2, even though it isn't truly a sequel.

This new version is built off of the incredible Source engine (hence the name), which is the new Half-Life 2 engine. Ragdoll physics, incredibly detailed textures, and many more engine updates make this one of the most advanced game engines ever.

Personally, I couldn't stand playing the original CounterStrike. But this version contains so many improvements/enhancements (such as glass that spiderwebs and breaks into individual peices), that I couldn't resist.

It will be available to purchase at your favorite game store November 16th/17th, and it is for PC. You can also buy it anytime over STEAM (http://www.steampowered.com).

Peashooter
11-15-2004, 08:16 PM
I have noticed that CS: Source comes with Half-Life2, but Day Of Defeat Source only comes with the steam version. Will there be a way to get Day Of Defeat Source later or will I have to buy it?

Rayzor
11-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Day of Defeat Source...Yummy! CS? Eh...whatever.

id0l
11-15-2004, 10:39 PM
I'm not too sure about DoD: Source. I'm sure if ya emailed Valve they could tell you.