PDA

View Full Version : Multicam BDUs

Arsenic
11-09-2004, 06:06 PM
Apparently Crye has set up a preorder for thier Multicam BDUs. Good luck though....they are EXPENSIVE!

http://www.cryeprecision.com/HTLM/products/index.htm

BigLucky
11-09-2004, 06:32 PM
140 bucks, are they out of their mind.

Arsenic
11-09-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm hoping the price drops when its released. Everything new is expensive as hell until its been out a while.

kestrel
11-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Wayyyy to expensive for my tastes. Even though their new I still find it hard to belive that BDUs of all things would cost that much.

Polaris
11-09-2004, 08:41 PM
About time, now I just need 2 things, price to go down, and the money when the price goes down.

Paladin
11-09-2004, 11:01 PM
140 bucks, are they out of their mind.

I'd pay it if I could see real, tangible, benefits to having it. Heck, the zippered rear-end is worth the money just by itself. I would imagine that taking a dump in the midst of a firefight will be made much less worrisome by that one feature.

$140 for a uniform is peanuts compared to the time and money it took to train the soldier who's wearing the uniform. We're talking gear that's made to help a soldier survive combat.

Arsenic
11-09-2004, 11:13 PM
$140 for a uniform is peanuts compared to the time and money it took to train the soldier who's wearing the uniform. We're talking gear that's made to help a soldier survive combat.

I would agree with you if it was an issue uniform...but its not. Its a uniform that the US Army turned down in favor of the ACU so I still cant understand how they think they are going to sell the uniform at that price. I'm sure some people will buy it.....but at that price, I would be afraid to wear it.

Jono
11-10-2004, 08:54 AM
Yep, they are sure proud of them. I knew the price would be high, I thought around $150.00 a set would be fair. Guess we will wait and see.

Paladin
11-10-2004, 09:07 AM
It may not be an issue uniform, but for operators who want them and have a Iimpac card or can get a purchase order, that won't be an issue.

It's the Airsofter that won't spend money on real tac gear that won't see the value in them.

One way to look at the cost versus value is to consider what features are incorporated into the design and what additional gear will be eliminated from the loadout because of it. That's where the real ROI will come from.

Based on the features of the BDU's, they're gonna sell a ton of them.

Jono
11-10-2004, 09:58 AM
For Airsoft, ass zippers are not worth $175.00.

LaPHtA
11-10-2004, 10:01 AM
For Airsoft, ass zippers are not worth $175.00.

Just don't go asking Ralph Wiggum his opinion on the importance of ass zippers...deal?

Ralph Wiggum
11-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Just don't go asking Ralph Wiggum his opinion on the importance of ass zippers...deal?

I was under the impression we shared the same opinion an ass zippers.

Paladin
11-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Ass zippers........lol..............that's what we've been calling them. I'm sure there's more to them than just ass zippers tough. When my set shows up, I'll review'em and post it up.

In my Airsoft microcosm, $150 Airsoft BDUs are the same as a $375 EoTech, or a $2000 set of GEN-III NODs. Don't really need it, but hell, why not. If I remember correctly, there's a few Austin area players sporting a pricy loadout.

If you can afford it, then go for it. If you can't, well, I guess you'll have to complain about the price :)

LaPHtA
11-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Hmmm...

http://gallery.russiancombatgear.com/CMC

Jono
11-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Maybe if I rip some people off on the internet, I will have enough money to afford them....

Arsenic
11-10-2004, 04:27 PM
If you can afford it, then go for it. If you can't, well, I guess you'll have to complain about the price :)

I can afford them....I just choose not to spend $190 on a set of BDUs. So I guess you are saying that if I were to take a set of woodland BDU, and mod them in a way that has every mod that the Multicam BDUs have, then I could sell those for $190 too?

Paladin
11-10-2004, 05:30 PM
.........So I guess you are saying that if I were to take a set of woodland BDU, and mod them in a way that has every mod that the Multicam BDUs have, then I could sell those for $190 too?

Sure, and I'd buy a pair too. But they gotta have ass zippers.