PDA

View Full Version : CA AK-47 metal body

Dark
11-02-2004, 02:14 PM
I just got this in with my new AK47 yesterday. I am very impressed with the product. It has a nice flat-black finish, with all the normal markings clearly engraved. It doesn't seem to weigh much more than the plastic body off the gun, but you can feel the extra weight when it is on the gun. The color mismatches a little with the glossier stock metal parts, but it isn't very noticeable from more than a few feet away.

The installation was a piece of cake. I read online that you had to do quite a bit of work to get the DTP bodies to fit properly, but that was not my experience with the CA piece. The only thing I had to do was bore out the screw holes for the trigger guard a bit with a screw driver. Outside of that, everything fit perfectly. Couldn't have been easier.

AustinWolv
11-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Add your thoughts here: http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=327&sort=7&cat=37&page=1

I'd have to say the CA AK body is pretty good too. The selector switch hole is the major foul-up of the DTP body, whereas I didn't see that with the CA body. The other difference is that the magwell seems to be tighter than the DTP body. The STAR AK hi-caps fit easily into a stock and DTP body, but fit VERY tightly into the CA body.....almost on the verge of not being able to be inserted.

Obsidian
11-02-2004, 03:15 PM
Pics and a review and I will post them :)

id0l
11-02-2004, 03:52 PM
When are the user reviews going to be posted? Still waiting to see them. :)

Obsidian
11-02-2004, 03:54 PM
well user reviews go in the product gallery...users have to write them. If it is an indepth review I move them to the reviews section that I have bene working on. you can get to that from the dropdown list under the menu

AustinWolv
11-02-2004, 05:18 PM
When are the user reviews going to be posted? Still waiting to see them. :)
In the future, create your own thread. No need to have extraneous info in a thread about a specific topic. ;)

id0l
11-02-2004, 11:12 PM
Yeah I kind of snuck that in, hehe. :)