PDA

View Full Version : Battery adapters?

Meta-Beta
07-24-2003, 03:44 PM
Well I got the battery for my G36C in the mail today. I ordered it from onlybatterypacks.com, and when I ordered it they claimed that it would come with a free charger.

Well, okay, thats fine I thought, now there's no need to order a charger.

Soo.... the battery did come with a charger, but the problem is that the connectors on the charger and battery are of two different sizes. Now (3 days before the games) I have to get an adapter.

Is there a store (radioshack, acadamy... etc...) that I could go to, that might carry the item that I need?

FYI: the type of battery I ordered was a 9.6v 1000mah. When I was browsing through their selection they said it works with G36Cs, and I've put it in the gun and it does fit, just have yet to fire the weapon with it.

Obsidian
07-24-2003, 04:14 PM
if your in a pinch just pull out the pins and shove them in the holes.....all you have to do is get the wires to touch.

Meta-Beta
07-24-2003, 04:16 PM
I was thinkin' about doing that, just wasn't sure... I'll try it though.

Meta-Beta
07-24-2003, 04:29 PM
Now I'm having trouble pulling out the pins while being carefull not to stip the wires....

grr...

What if I just cut off the plastic part, stripped the wires and used that to charge the battery? I'd have to get a new charger though.

Mouse
07-24-2003, 06:38 PM
I am fairly certain you can buy the adapter you are looking for at Hobby Town or Hobby Lobby. Go ahead and call around to make sure. It would be unfortunate for you to break your charger and hafta buy a new one when you could just get the adapter at a local store. :)

Katana
07-24-2003, 10:13 PM
The hobby shop might have them. Usually they just stock the Tamiya connectors, which are probably the identity of the larger of the two types of connectors you are trying to deal with.

The mini-Tamiya looking connectors I've had to purchase from overseas. Even the more popular on-line hobby shops didn't seem to carry them.

You could just transition everything over to Deans or some other connector in common US usage, but you're correct in that if you buy additional AEG's and batteries, you'll need an adaptor again at some point.

Meta-Beta
07-24-2003, 10:59 PM
Okay, well I figured it out today.

They had actually sent the wrong charger with the battery, so I contacted the company through email, verified what they had sent and the type of battery I received, and they will be shipping me a free replacement tomorrow.

Their quick response through customer service makes up for the very minor inconvinence. :D