PDA

View Full Version : Spring install problem.

littleNinJai
07-24-2003, 12:40 PM
hey guys its been awhile, well my friend and i attempted to install and m120 spring (mine) into his G3 SG1...he already had upgraded bushings and gears and a reinforced mechbox. So, we didnt think the m120 would be too much. After spending a couple hours installing and putting the gun back together, we attempted to fire it, only to hear a sort of FEW WEET!! noise...it was high pitched. Then after about three shots, the trigger locked up. Any help? It would be greatly appreciated.

kthxbai

LilNin

Moe
07-24-2003, 01:45 PM
Here are my thoughts:

Motor not seated properly against the gear? Shimming not proper?

The trigger could be a problem with the selector switch or anything that might flip the safety over and physically block the trigger.

Obsidian
07-24-2003, 03:13 PM
Check the anti-reversal latch to make sure it is where it is suppose to be. I took apart a gun where they put it in and it was on the wrong gear....made cool noises till it jammed on the gear and shredded everything.

Other than that I would say Moe is on the money with the motor....of course trying to describe a sound could be a tad misleading.

littleNinJai
07-24-2003, 06:07 PM
ok the anti reversal latch is in the right place im sure of it. I dont know what the shimming is...so if you could fill me in id appreciate it...i started taking it apart again and i put the motor in again ( i didnt take apart the mechbox yet another time ). it still does not work.. and its not that the battery isnt charged to you wisecrackers

kthxbai

LilNin

Katana
07-24-2003, 09:08 PM
Shims are the various-thickness flat-washer looking things that fit on either side of the axles of the gears in order to slightly shift their position left or right within the gearbox, helping to make sure they mesh properly with the other gears, and definitely to make sure that there isn't any play in them at all.

Sometimes shims stick to the inside of the mechbox due to the grease on them, sometimes they stick to the gear they are sitting on, and sometimes they just plain drop out when you crack the mechbox open.

cclark1985
07-24-2003, 10:14 PM
You should have done a little more homework before opening the mechbox, ninjai.

Sorry, couldn't come up with anything more useful than that.

littleNinJai
07-25-2003, 10:05 PM
:o i did do much research before and had the manuals up on the comp, and the actual G3 manual i was looking at too while doing the whole thing. Anyways, i took it apart a couple more times, and figured out the locked trigger business, and now that i can pull the trigger, it makes sort of a click...as if the gears are stuck...so you may be right on the shimming part katana. Thanks for your help.

LilNin

cclark1985
07-26-2003, 01:06 PM
check and make sure you soldered the motor back in the right way, as in not backwards.

mcoupe11
07-26-2003, 01:18 PM
"Sautered?"

cclark1985
07-26-2003, 01:21 PM
I was typing and thinking about 2 different things, sometimes I just type the way the word sounds in my head..

WidoW-MakeR
08-05-2003, 05:48 PM
Well, now that we fixed that problem, a new electrical problem arose (as many of you at TXPB know). Should be fixed tonight.