07-22-2003, 10:05 AM
Be there?
What ya wanna play?
Anything cool?
Anyone coming along?

AustinWolv
07-22-2003, 10:08 AM
1. Planning on it.
2. Skirmishes with very limited respawns, if any. That also can potentially increase the amount of skirmishes we fit in.
3. Am I cool? Please?
4. Just the usual suspects.

Meta-Beta
07-22-2003, 12:25 PM
Be there?
Certainly will

What ya wanna play?
Whatever the others plan upon

Anything cool?
My new G36C; does that count?

Anyone coming along?
Just me

cclark1985
07-22-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Jay
Be there?
What ya wanna play?
Anything cool?
Anyone coming along?

1. yup
2. some scenarios in the trees, cover is your friend.
3. Something cool? I put my gun all back together from being completely disassembled, and it works!
4. Probably just me, but maybe 2 others.

Kyle
07-22-2003, 10:34 PM
I plan to come!:D

Jay
07-23-2003, 03:23 PM
I should be there.
I want to play the Southwest Hunt scenario.
It is detailed at...

http://www.austinairsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2251

Let me know what you think of the scenario on that thread and how to improve it.

Skizm
07-26-2003, 10:01 PM
Would someone have an AK Hi-cap I could borrow? I had a little accident with the one mag I did have. Well I will be in someones debt if they can swing a mag!

My M16 is pretty jacked up so i'm not sure I'm even going to the try to use it.

AlphaSIX
07-26-2003, 10:01 PM
WAR
I'll be there plus 1 with m4 and m24

Dark
07-27-2003, 12:46 AM
I'll be there. I agree with Wolv on the limited respawn games. I'll be bringing in one guy to play for the first time.

Obsidian
07-27-2003, 10:47 AM
Just a note...I am not going to be at the game today. Something else came up. If you were going to give me money for the order I will wait for it. If you were going to give me a gun I will make other arrangements to get it :)

cclark1985
07-27-2003, 11:06 AM
Dang, no m60 to look out for :(

Jay
07-27-2003, 11:27 AM
Batts have finished charging.
Boots are strapped.
Much water is in the cooler.
I can barely feel my hangover.

See you soon, mates.

cclark1985
07-27-2003, 11:56 AM
That sounds cool as hell. That should be like a slogan for FOG or something..

Rayzor
07-27-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by cclark1985
That sounds cool as hell. That should be like a slogan for FOG or something..

You know about hangovers, don't ya Chris. :rolleyes: :)

cclark1985
07-27-2003, 06:40 PM
no comment ;)

cclark1985
07-27-2003, 07:49 PM
Thanks to who all participated today! I hade a great time. Wished more of yall coulda joined us. You no-show-ers definitely missed out! I'm eating supper now, I'll post more later.

Kyle
07-27-2003, 09:04 PM
Today was great despite the low turnout. It was very hot until the clouds rolled over. The temp dropped (what felt like) 12 degrees. We got very little rain. It drisled for litterally like 3 minutes. It was really cool playing with thunder in the background and some wind... sounded like artillery way off in the distance.

Jay
07-28-2003, 10:30 AM
AAR

I had a great day of airsoft. Usually, I enjoy the bigger games more, but this was a lot of fun despite the low attendance.

FOG: Jay, Skizm, Moe
Whiskey [W]: Falcor, Wolv, Dr No
Unaffiliated: 5 including Wes & Chris

1. Wolv, Skizm, Jay, & Falcor were tasked with defending both Portland and LA. Enemy just had to reach one. Skizm took the high ground south of the creek while I ventured east to harass the enemy. The enemy came in force from the East toward LA. I took a position of cover and laid down suppressive fire. The rest dropped in a thick grove. Skizm took 2 out with his sniper rifle. Enemy took a new course down the middle of the field. As Wolv & Falcor held Portland, I snuck up on the southern flank and wasted Moe. WASTED! Then, as I got too aggressive on another contact, his buddy wasted me. I saw Jeremy waste one more guy coming up the center on Wolv. Wolv and Falcor wasted the rest one by one in the northwest woods.

2. Unaffiliated 5 [U5] were tasked with defending Phoenix and Laredo. W&FOG moved under cover to the East. We crossed the creek and headed south to the treeline at Santa Fe. Moe was immediately wasted. The rest of us headed SE toward Laredo. Skizm was shot in the back. Feeling the heat, the remaining 3 moved quickly toward Laredo. Wolv wasted one guy on the way, and we trapped another who had fallen back to Laredo. I flanked East. Using multiple firing lines, we took care of the remaining man and captured Laredo. I learned that Wolv has very good eyes. He picked up that first enemyís position even though the enemy was entrenched in good cover.

3. W&FOG defended Santa Fe and El Paso. 3 FOG set up an eastern perimeter around El Paso. Immediately, the enemy was upon us. Jeremy was shot. I shot an enemy. As the enemy tried push through Skizmís position, Moe and I wasted one from positions on the ridge to the south. Another bogey tried to move in, and I wasted him from the sitting hugging a tree position. We got impatient and moved eastward, A very patient Chris wasted me immediately. Moe, Falcor, & Wolv finally hunted him down later.

4. Dr No showed up. It got cold. Coincidence? We did a move to contact north to south on the western edge. It was W+Moe against the rest of us. This was a really fun game. The enemy was coming from the East and North. There was lots of movement and flanking. I used the ridge in the middle while Chris hid in the grove to the East and Jeremy and company stalked through the west side. I got a good kill from the ridge and held of the enemy from advancing down the middle until a very sneaky Moe wasted me from behind. As soon as he hit me, Chris wasted him from his hidden position. The rest is a blur of fast movement and BBs.

5. Jay, Dr No, Falcor, Wolv defended Vegas on top of the south ridge. The enemy came at us from all sides. I saw Chris move to the west and found the sleeper. I attacked the sleeper head on, but I had not noticed a second sleeper, Moe. He shot me in the ear before I could get the kill. Slowly, the enemy moved on Wolv, Falcor, and Dr No. Watching the enemy creep up the ridge was indeed cool.

All in all, I had a great day. We do need more people to play bigger scenarios, but it was lots of fun nonetheless.

AustinWolv
07-28-2003, 11:15 AM
I must say that after feeling initially lazy and not all that sure I wanted to play, I'm glad that we hit the field, as it was a good time. With the limited amount of people, I was hesitant, but it was indeed a good time by all, and I saw some nice shots both ways.

It was somewhat nice as well when the clouds rolled in, as it was pleasing to not have to squint for once from the sun.....that and we would have been baking in the sun during that last skirmish on top of the ridge. hehe.

On a side note, Falcor and I saw the weirdest thing......it was literally thousands of daddy long-leg spiders bunched up hanging off the bottom of rock walls near Sante Fe. At first we thought it was a huge patch of fungus with a few spiders milling around it. After poking it with my gun barrel, a whole mess of them fell and scattered. It was something out of a movie where hordes of bugs start running all over. Soon after, they grouped back up into their orgy ball. As you can tell, we didn't see much action in that skirmish until Moe and Jay called us in to go hunt the last couple Opfor. :D

Rayzor
07-28-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Jay
I learned that Wolv has very good eyes. He picked up that first enemyís position even though the enemy was entrenched in good cover.

One of the many reasons I cherish my 20/20 vision...

cclark1985
07-28-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Rayzor

20/15 vision here :p

Dragon
07-28-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Rayzor

Practice helps too.

Time spent on the field you learn where to look with a bit more scrutiny.

cclark1985
07-28-2003, 01:55 PM
AAR:

Ok, first of all I typed alot on this but I accidently closed the window before posting it, yawn..

Game 1: quick summary: 2 FOG and 2 Whiskey defend LA and Portland. Our team splits up into a 4 man group that was supposed to quickly make their way to LA to scope it out and/or capture it in a somewhat timely manner. Me and Andrew's purpose was to draw fire and get whiskey and FOG's attention to clear the way for the 4 man group.. Skizm sniped 2 of the 4 man group... we radioed that the remaining Greg and Kyle to try and regroup with me and Andrew. As Andrew was moving arround this hill going after Wolv (I think). Jay "WASTED" Andrew. That sucked.. Game quickly ended after that.

Game 2: Same type of game only our team was to defend Laredo and Phoenix. These to points are a good ways away from each other, and the dense foliage makes it seem that much further. The game plan was for our team was that I take Greg and Kyle and set up a perimeter arround phoenix, and Wess and his friend cover laredo. Once game was on it took quite a while for us to get some visuals on the enemy. Kyle was the first to hear the other team, but no visuals. I saw 2-3 of the opposing team moving pretty quick in front of me, they were starting to enter the tree line. I had my sights set on Andrew the whole time :p. As he entered the tree line he paused for a moment to see if he could see something. To my luck he didn't spot me and I further followed his movement into the tree line. Once I had a clear shot I took him out. YAY!! The rest of his team, I think, Did not know my location.........yadda yadda yadda, Kyle or Greg shot Jeremy in the back..... The remaining Whiskey moved to laredo and proceeded to capture it :(

Game 3: Whiskey and FOG defended Santa Fe and El Paso. The plan for our team was to stick together and move full force to El Paso and hope for a quick and brutal battle with us ending with the victory. We were hoping to get there fast enough to not let the opposing team burrow in too much... We got there very fast but Whiskey and FOG already had a pretty good perimeter set up. Our team suffered heavy casualties and we got 1 of them out, being Jeremy. Me and Wess were starting to move along the fence line just east of El paso. We starting doing bounds, but Wess's first bound he got shot, and shot alot.. This made me hesitant and I stayed put waiting patiently for whoever shot him to reveal themself or relocate. I proceeded along the fence line and Kyle moved a little north to my position. He was taken out rather quick, which was not what I wanted. I looked arround and spotted Jay and Andrew staying put watching El paso. I watched Jay give hand signals and stuff.... Then him and Andrew started to move toward me. Apparently I was master of being cammo-fied, and managed to stay out of sight until Jay was right up on me. I rolled out and put 2 rounds into him, MAN WAS THAT FUN! Andrew still didnt know where I was and we both were moving arround quite abit and we had an awsome fire-fight! I ended up nickin' him in the top of the hat and he called out......the 2 remaining whiskey were stalking me... I got one of them, and in a last act of desperation, charged wolv, hoping cover would prevent him from shooting me... plan didn't work and I got shot. Nice one wolv.

Game 4: Move to contact something. I don't want to type about this one, It didn't turn out at all like I wanted it to. I let Jay get shot, sorry Jay..

Game 5: Jeremy, Andrew, Greg, Kyle, and Me had to advance up the hill and get to Vegas while Falcor, Wolv, Jay, and Dr No defended the ridge/vegas. This was a fun game as well. Our team did a great job of spreading out and surrounding the enemy. As the opposing teams numbers got smaller, they fell back to cover on the way to the tree line as we moved up the ridge. Kyle went FAR right flank and got to the tree line, Wolv popped up from his cover and took a few shots at Kyle and got him, and I proceeded to stalk him. Wolv slowly got up a little and I put a round in his shoulder. Somehow there was only 1 guy left and as Jeremy, Wess, and Andrew kept his attention as they moved arround and shot at him, I flanked the guy and was going to try and get right up on him and put my gun in his back for a clean surrender, but he got up and took off toward the tree line and I was forced to full-auto his back :D

Thanks to who all attended today for the GREAT fun! Hope we all have even more fun at TXPB next weekend.

Dark
07-28-2003, 02:03 PM
Absolutely horrible vision aided by out-of-date contacts here :p We had alot of good play on Sunday, though mostly not by me. I made the day official "Wes gets shot first" day. Seemed like a good idea in planning, but it was less fun in execution. THe Whiskey/Fog team cleaned house on the first two attack/defend games pretty good.

1. I was tasked with taking a 4-man team around to LA while Moe and Chris tryed to divert attention. As we approached the rock wall, we were ambushed by one Fog (don't know which). I was shot first, and when Mike popped up to return fire, he was shot. The remaining two squad members (Kyle and a friend) fell back and began coming up the hill from another direction to try and pin down the Fog guys. The team was picked apart by the enemy, but I didn't see the exact details.

2. Mike and I had to hold down Laredo. Mike found a good tree dead in front of Laredo which we made into an excellant mini-bunker with a dead tree limb. Wolv really does deserve some credit for spotting him. I his past the rocks at a tree, and didn't see anyone until I heard mike get hit. I turned and saw two Whiskeys standing around Mike's position, so I fell back to Laredo itself and went prone behind a tree. Wolv immediately opened up on me and kept me with my head down, and my tree got smaller and smaller as his teammates swept around me. I was shot and Whiskey won before the reinforcements got there.

3. The Unaffiliated had to attack El Paso and another point. I don't remember the other point because we directed our entire force at El Paso in hoped of catching the enemy at half force and sweeping in before reinforcements could arrive. We charged outright, and Mike was shot early after he moved one tree to close to an enemy. One of our teammates swept in behind Jeremy and shot him in the back. Chris started moving along the fenceline and called on me to do a leapfrog. I leapfrogged into an angry swarm of bbs. I didn't see the rest of the game.

4. We moved northward towards the cars while Whiskey moved south towards us. I found an excellant little patch of cover and watched the movement along the rock wall. After they had moved in a good ways, Jeremy, Mike and I opened up on three Whiskeys. I moved from my cover to a spot with a better angle. My second spot was complete with a fire ant bed to lay in and magic jam-Wes's-magazine powder. As the whiskey in front of me turned to fire at me, I ran back to another spot of cover where I found another Whiskey who had been flanking us. I spun like a star running back and retreated to the far rock wall to fix my mag. This was my nine lives game. I moved alont the northern-running wall and reinforced Jay. After Jay got shot by the two whiskeys in front of the position, I tryed to make a run for it and got shot in the process. Game over man, game over.

5. In the last game, Jeremy, Mike and I went around the east side of the hill to mount a flanking assault. Mike's gun immediately went down to feeding problems, so Jeremy and I walked the ridgeline to attack Whiskey and Jay. We knew one Whiskey was trying to outflank us, so I kept an eye on our backside. As we were getting ready to trap our unseen follower by drawing him into our friends in the weeds, I looked over the ridge to see him standing, facing our old position, about 20 feet ahead. Shot him in the back. Our guys on the right got another guy out, leaving one (don't know how the others were shot). Andrew charged up the hill and was shot. I peaked up over the ridge and saw the last Whiskey. Jeremy and I hurled bbs at him to keep his attention while Chris flanked him and shot him from the side.