PDA

View Full Version : Age limit?

zaries
10-10-2004, 05:02 AM
well, as you might know im trying to get a TM Benelli M3 and might be able to play in a weekly skirmish as soon as next week but i need to know if Hunters will allow me to play (im only 13).

I know that TXPB will as long as a parent is there and signed a wavier

After my parents called the number on the sign for Hunters airsoft they said that the majority of the players are over 16 and they weren't sure if i could play, so i of couse came here, what is the policie(sp?) at Hunters?

EDITED

AustinWolv
10-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Zaries, first and foremost, I hope you realize the forum standards here. Please proofread your posts and use the spell-checker that is integrated into the site. English is your native language, so please demonstrate at least a basic working example of it. The same goes for your signature.

Typically, in the past, for a player your age, we would require a parent to play alongside the player that young. Thus, the parent could ensure that proper gun safety and general Airsoft safety was maintained. I don't recall what the waiver at Hunter's specifies, but if I recall correctly, it was what I just explained. At the very least, I know it mandated that a player your age has to wear a fully-sealing goggles and a parent has to sign the waiver.

Obsidian can expand on this more.

zaries
10-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Zaries, first and foremost, I hope you realize the forum standards here. Please proofread your posts and use the spell-checker that is integrated into the site. English is your native language, so please demonstrate at least a basic working example of it. The same goes for your signature.

Typically, in the past, for a player your age, we would require a parent to play alongside the player that young. Thus, the parent could ensure that proper gun safety and general Airsoft safety was maintained. I don't recall what the waiver at Hunter's specifies, but if I recall correctly, it was what I just explained. At the very least, I know it mandated that a player your age has to wear a fully-sealing goggles and a parent has to sign the waiver.

Obsidian can expand on this more.

Ok, sorry ill proofread the post and edit it then edit the signature or just remake it

With regards to the parent playing, if i took a gun safety course and have a certificate on me does that count for anything seeing as i have taken a course on it or does the parent still need to play with me no matter what.
if my parent is still required to play then i guess i can only play at TXPB,or does the parent rule apply at TXPB also?

Also, eye protection my parents have required at least some kind of face shield but would allow me to cut part of a paint ball mask down for easier aiming(i know it's a big problem) would this be ok? or would all or nothing be better? the way i think of it it would leave part of my right cheek and a wee bit of my neck open to fire however, I have seen the pictures of how you guys play and I have yet to see any paint ball masks out there

thanks for your time

AustinWolv
10-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Looks like you still need to work on proofreading. It is "I'll", not "ill", along with the other mistakes. ;)

As for TXPB, you are welcome to play there per their rules, which state that a person over 10 years of age can use their property. As for Hunter's, I don't recall the age rule for that field, so Obsidian or Jay would have to cover that.

Partial face protection is acceptable for Hunter's. Sealed eye protection is required at TXPB, by the way. Just so you know, we have guys that play that wear full facemasks every time, and some do cut away some of the mask in order to sight down the weapon more easily.

zaries
10-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Looks like you still need to work on proofreading. It is "I'll", not "ill", along with the other mistakes. ;)

As for TXPB, you are welcome to play there per their rules, which state that a person over 10 years of age can use their property. As for Hunter's, I don't recall the age rule for that field, so Obsidian or Jay would have to cover that.

Partial face protection is acceptable for Hunter's. Sealed eye protection is required at TXPB, by the way. Just so you know, we have guys that play that wear full facemasks every time, and some do cut away some of the mask in order to sight down the weapon more easily.

Alright then once I get my gun you guys will get to totally and completely own me at least once a month!

I'll PM jay and or obs about the age thanks!

Sealed eye protection is a must anytime i play with or around an AEG unless just plinking around in my friends back yards with their AEG's(rule made by: my parents)

Good thing with the paint ball masks too i wont be the only one :D

For the record there is no age limit for Hunter's provided that you are a safe and responsible player.