PDA

View Full Version : AK scope mount

chrisvalla
10-07-2004, 01:16 PM
The Just AK scope mount is the one that doesn't require any drilling or anything and would be a 'recommended' item, right? I found it at several websites, but nothing of a review of sorts that would lead me to a buy/no-buy decision (besides, personal experience outweighs whatever a retailer has to say).

I also saw that G&G has an AK scope mount, but it read as if it requires the G&G AK RIS to use it. Is that correct?

AustinWolv
10-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Yes, the JUST mount is a bolt-on mount. I have two to them. Sturdy mounting, as it doesn't move. The only thing I would prefer is if it would sit a bit lower, but I think that is the nature of the AK styling as compared to the Armalites, which are more comfortable to shoulder and sight IMO.

skitelluride531
10-07-2004, 02:17 PM
I have a Hurricane Ak mount that I just purchased for my Beta. Although the cost is rougly 10-15 more than the JUST mount, I prefer it over the JUST because it goes over both sides of the gun (not just the left like the JUST does). The only downside of it is that it does not work with the Ak47 Beta Spetsnaz receiver cover due to the rear sites that are mounted on it.

chrisvalla
10-07-2004, 04:52 PM
I had forgotten about the Hurricane one... so far it looks like personal choice... which is good.

Thanks!

Mack4
10-07-2004, 08:47 PM
I have a JUST Ak scope mount if you want it.
-Mack