PDA

View Full Version : Accessories

LodussLSU
07-22-2003, 02:01 AM
I plan on buying a few accessories from either Redwolf or UNCompany. I've never ordered anything international but will I be charged import tax or any other fees when I receive the shipment?

All it'll be is probably a scope, mount and laser unit.

Thanks,
James

Katana
07-22-2003, 10:34 AM
My personal experience would be to answer this with "I don't know".

For the previous two years I've ordered from Red Wolf, Den Trinity, and lots from Wargamers, and the only bill I ever paid was the one for the goods. Everything shipping-related was included in that bill.

Then once, this year, about 4 months ago, I received a bill in the mail from TNT shipping related to a shipment I received through them about a week earlier. It appeared that I was require to pay additional import duties or something of that nature. Strange. It was the first and only time thus far that this has happened to me.

So, barring the exception to the rule, the answer is that all the fees and duties you would normally pay are included in the final cost figure supplied by the company selling you the equipment.

But every once in a while...

Obsidian
07-22-2003, 11:06 AM
Generally if you declare full value you will not have problems. It is when you start declaring less than full value that you will get caught and have to possibly play duties and/or penalties. My advice is do not mess with customs. When your stuff is in their hands you have no authority whatsoever on it and they have numerous options on how to screw you out of your money and your goods.

Obsidian
07-22-2003, 11:07 AM
BTW for stuff like you listed I would get it in the states. Find it local at wallmart or on ebay. The shipping and crap that you go through to get it from overseas will not justify the pennies that you will save.

LodussLSU
07-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Obsidian
BTW for stuff like you listed I would get it in the states. Find it local at wallmart or on ebay. The shipping and crap that you go through to get it from overseas will not justify the pennies that you will save.

I'd rather get it from the states but I can't find a fairly price US airsoft shop. I'm looking for specific parts.

ICS Laser and Battery Pack with Laser unit
Guarder Tactical Red Dot Sight
Guarder Cantilever Hi Multi-Ring Scope Mount

I have an AT4 Pball gun and am trying to "DEVGRU" it out. Similiar to the RWC M4 DEVGRU (still waiting for that to come back into stock). I wonder how these items will hold up to a paintball hit.

James

Katana
07-22-2003, 03:52 PM
I picked up my ICS battery pack and laser unit at AirsoftExtreme. (The laser is a waste of time IMO... the switch is iffy and it's invisible outdoors in the daytime). I don't know about the other items.

I'd say that the red-dot will take any hit except one down the pipe, and that all the other stuff should stand up to hits just fine. *Caution* The mounting brackets on the ICS battery-pack/laser unit are plastic and thus are a structural weak point. You can break them just by over-tightening. ANGS makes a battery-pack/laser with metal brackets thats a bit sturdier.