PDA

View Full Version : SR-16 Malfunction

Bear
09-20-2004, 02:42 PM
Last weekend at Hunters during the last skirmish my SR16 stopped firing mid-burst. This has happened before; during those times it turned out to be the motor leads, which had vibrated loose from the motor. When I got the SR out to check the problem, these are the steps I followed:

1. Took off motor plate, checked leads. Leads were in place, so I replaced the motor plate along with the small metal disk (name eludes me) and tried to dry fire the weapon. No success.

2. Checked batteries to make sure of a full charge. Batteries were all fully charged.

3. Checked the fuse, connections, and wiring. All connections secure and appear undamaged or otherwise out of place.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Bear
09-20-2004, 02:52 PM
Mods, problem has been solved. Please feel free to lock or delete.

Alloy
09-20-2004, 02:55 PM
WHat was the problem, Bear?

AustinWolv
09-20-2004, 04:05 PM
Mods, problem has been solved. Please feel free to lock or delete.
If you list the problem, it will help others out in the future and is the main reason we don't lock or delete informational threads. :cool:

Bear
09-20-2004, 04:19 PM
When I took the baseplate off, I noticed to motor did not move at all and seemed to be stuck. The motor had become lodged up into the mechbox, binding it up seems like. A slight nudge from a screwdriver wedged between the rear of the grip and the motor casing popped the motor itself back into position.

AustinWolv
09-20-2004, 04:36 PM
Was it caught up in one of the mechbox wires? They run right across that opening and if they come loose from their alignment ribs, I could see how the motor shaft/pinion gear could get a bit intimate with one.......

Bear
09-20-2004, 07:12 PM
Not really sure. From the looks of it, while the weapon was firing the motor became hung up on something (possibly a rib like the one Wolv mentioned). It was pretty solidly caught on something before I jogged it loose; there was no movement of the motor whatsoever.