PDA

View Full Version : Silencers /w inner barrel

Monkeyless
09-15-2004, 09:08 PM
I am intersted in installing a silencer onto my 93r. Dentrinity, WGC, and Uncompany all have one thats supposed to work, but the issue is, can i buy like an mp5k barrel and stick it into the 93r with the silencer without having to cut it? Or is there anything else i can do, like buy two barrels and connect them?

Obsidian
09-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Generally with pistols you need to buy the barrel for that gun. Most pistols that come with a silencer will also have a longer barrel available for them.

Falcon
09-19-2004, 10:55 AM
The problem you will run into is where the cut out is for the hopup and what shape it is. Pistols (unless made by Tokyo Mauri) will have a different hopup system (assuming they even have one to begin with) so the shape and location of the hole on the barrel for the hop membrane will be different that for an AEG.

If you're good with a dremel tool, you can make a fixed hopup in virtually any barrel which will work well with a single bb weight. I've done this on my Western Arms Wilson Combat and it works quite well. Anyway, good luck with the longer barrel.