PDA

View Full Version : M32 Assault Vest

Dutch508
09-13-2004, 04:02 PM
http://www.splav.ru/catalog/img/41057.gif

I recently purchased this vest from Red Soldier (www.redsoldier.com) as part of a Russian Paratrooper impression I am putting together.

First off, Red Soldier imports it's product from SPLAV in Russia. SPLAV is the major company that supplies the Russian Army. Red Soldier has provided a link to the company and you can browse their entire line.

Anyway, back to the vest. Details first:

Tarzan HM32 (art. # 41057).

Designed for alpine and infantry troops and anti-terrorist detachments.
Front zip.
Adjustable to any size.
Compatible with alpine rappelling system.
Holes in pocket bottoms to drain water.
Allows for comfortable carrying backpacks and haversacks.
Weight: 1000 g.
Pouches for::

8 AK magazines.
4 grenades RGO or RGN.
Bayonet/knife or NRS.
3 signal flares.
Personal Geiger counter.
Oilier.
2 inner document pockets.
Loops for waist belt
Space for additional pouches of your choice.

My review

This is a serious piece of equipment. It is heavily made of a canvas like cloth called "Kodra 1000" (Extremely hard-wearing 100% waterproof fabric used for production of bags, backpacks & pouches. Tensile strength is 32.1 kg/cm2). It is more sturdy than the US Army LBV, IMHO.

The four mag pouches hold two AK mags each easily, although with eight real steel mags the vest is front heavy.

There are two 'knife pouches' on the sides. They fit my AK-47 Bayonet and sheath with no problem. The other would fit flares just as easy.

The four grenade pouches have an internal cord fastener to hold the grenades as well as the outside flap. A further flare can be attached to the outside of one of the pouches as well.

All flaps are closed with velcro.

The back of the vest is set up for attaching a butt-pack (available separately) and attaching a hydration system.

The vest has loops for fastening a waist belt along the bottom. The US Army web-belt fits fine.

the vest is closed up the front with a heavy duty zipper covered with a velcro covered flap.

This assault vest comes in woodland camo and OD drab.

Although the vest is very good it is not, IMHO, complete. I would add a waistbelt, a butt-pack, one or two extra bags (SAW bags) for other kit, a drop bag, and a radio pouch.

$129.95

I would recommend this vest and give it a 7 out of 10.

*******OOO

AustinWolv
09-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Nice job, Dutch. Dolly would be proud. How about once you field it a few times, you post some more thoughts and then we can add it to the Site Reviews section? Is that ok?

Dutch508
09-13-2004, 04:53 PM
sure, wolv. that would be swell.

Jono
09-13-2004, 05:10 PM
Great review Dutch, thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Freezer26
09-13-2004, 05:17 PM
Nice Review, I'm thinking about getting an AK vest in the near future. Just out of curiosity, how much does the M32 cost?

Dutch508
09-13-2004, 05:22 PM
edited to show price