PDA

View Full Version : Full Tiger Stripe Paint Job

Infrared
09-01-2004, 08:39 PM
I didn't know if this was the right section for this topic, but here it goes.

After looking at skitillurides digital paint job on his M4. I wanted to do a paint job as well. But not a digital paint job, I was thinking a Tiger Stripe pattern on my TM M4A1.

But I looked at the tiger stripe pattern and i was thinking that it was near impossible to paint on my gun because of all the different colors and the way that they are used in the pattern.

But thats why I came to Lonestar :)

Because I am looking for some tips on a "alternative" paint job.

Is the Tiger Stripe pattern a option?
I have access to a Airbrush(if that helps at all)
I have seen other spray paint images and they all look kind of glossy, is there something else that I have to buy so I will not get a reflective finish?

Any input is more than welcome.

matt05CQB
09-01-2004, 09:03 PM
First of all, the glossy look that you often see in pictures is usually not the finish... often times it is the flash of the camera. However, if for some reason there was some genius who did use glossy paint... more power to him. But that is easily remedied by using matte paint. I do not think that will give you any shine at all. As for doing Tiger Stripe, I wouldn't suggest doing it yourself. MARPAT (Digital Camo) is easy just because you can use a simple template and just layer the different colors. But Tiger Stripe can't really be templated and it would be HARD!!! If you really want to have it done, have it done professionally by hand.

Infrared
09-01-2004, 09:12 PM
First of all, the glossy look that you often see in pictures is usually not the finish... often times it is the flash of the camera. However, if for some reason there was some genius who did use glossy paint... more power to him. But that is easily remedied by using matte paint. I do not think that will give you any shine at all. As for doing Tiger Stripe, I wouldn't suggest doing it yourself. MARPAT (Digital Camo) is easy just because you can use a simple template and just layer the different colors. But Tiger Stripe can't really be templated and it would be HARD!!! If you really want to have it done, have it done professionally by hand.

My uncle can do that kind of stuff. He has done ever model airplane bomber kit that you could buy.

I was looking for a new kind of look for my weapon, not just the same thing that everybody else uses(ie.Digital/Woodland Camo)

But i would have to talk to my uncle before I make my first move.