PDA

View Full Version : A47 Feeding Problems

skitelluride531
08-22-2004, 04:22 PM
I just purchased a used Ak47 a week ago, and I have encountered some feeding issues. The gun is upgraded to ~400 with bushings, spring, and new gears. I also put a tightbore in the gun. I am using a 9.6V 3000mah battery in the gun, and am using a auto-winding mag.

I know the problem is not with the magazine mentioned above because I test fired the magazine in my friends gun at the OP (His gun had an 8.4V battery in it, if I remember correctly).

I am also confused because the gun will feed perfectly in single fire, without any mis-feeds. I did test fire the gun a few times with the stock barrel before I installed the tightbore, and I don't recall any misfeeding issues...but I didn't shoot it that much with the mag in to even have a chance of noticing. I took apart the hopup again to insure I installed the tighbore correctly, and everything looked OK. I also opened the mechbox to ensure everything was installed correctly there and again, everything was OK. This left me stumped. The ROF on this gun is fairly high with the 9.6V battery, and this left me with the only other possible problem; could the magazine not keep up with the high ROF therefore causing it to misfeed? Is this possible? When shooting in full auto, the gun will fire out 5-6 rounds in a row, then will shoot nothing for a few rounds, and that cycle keeps repeating.

Anyone have any ideas? :confused: Any help is much appreciated!

AustinWolv
08-22-2004, 05:33 PM
Have you tried other mags in the gun?

Just curious, as AK47 hi-caps don't feed that great in my RPK, but that TOP drum mag I was using at the op fed much, much better.

Try going to a 8.4v pack. I was having a problem with my SR16 a while back with a 8.4v, 3000mAh pack that I wasn't getting consistent feeding. I switched to a 8.4v, 2000mAh pack, and the problem was solved. Same voltage, but less throughput caused the ROF to drop slightly, which allowed for the mag to keep up. At least I think that is what it was, but I've been wrong before.

skitelluride531
08-22-2004, 05:38 PM
Have you tried other mags in the gun?

Just curious, as AK47 hi-caps don't feed that great in my RPK, but that TOP drum mag I was using at the op fed much, much better.

Try going to a 8.4v pack. I was having a problem with my SR16 a while back with a 8.4v, 3000mAh pack that I wasn't getting consistent feeding. I switched to a 8.4v, 2000mAh pack, and the problem was solved. Same voltage, but less throughput caused the ROF to drop slightly, which allowed for the mag to keep up. At least I think that is what it was, but I've been wrong before.
I've got two large 8.4V packs coming in this week, so I will try those out when I get them. As for testing with other mags...I guess I should of thought of that at the OP as right now I don't have access to any other mags :( . Thanks for the suggestions :D .

skitelluride531
08-22-2004, 07:52 PM
Ok, I re-installed the stock barrel to see if that would make any difference. The gun is now feeding almost perfectly in full auto. :confused: The tightbore barrel is a Systema Brass 6.04mm barrel. I guess I will just stick with the stock barrel.

AustinWolv
08-22-2004, 08:14 PM
I'm assuming the hopup bucking was installed correctly on the tightbore?

skitelluride531
08-22-2004, 08:30 PM
Meh, scratch that...same problem is now occurring with the stock barrel. I did indeed install the bucking correctly (aligned the 'line' with the corresponding spot on the barrel, then slide all the way back). I will have to wait for my 8.4V packs to come in to see if that makes a difference :D .

Freezer26
08-22-2004, 09:04 PM
My Friend has almost the exact same problem with his MP5K. His gun is upgraded to around 320-325 FPS I think ( I don't exactly remember offhand) and then he traded Hi-Caps with another person and his gun will shoot full auto as did the other MP 5. So I would just try a different AK mag when you get the chance like AustinWolv said.

lost_soul
08-22-2004, 09:45 PM
It might be the mag catch. If the mag is loose it won't feed as good or at all.

bundeswehr
09-05-2004, 03:48 AM
Yes i had the same problem. Sometime it miss feeding. But seems like there are going to release the metal feeding AK47. Hope this can probably solve the problem.