PDA

View Full Version : Nozzle

Mack4
08-18-2004, 06:38 PM
Okay putting together a M16 VN for a friend, Got it together and it shoots and everything, nozzle doesn't move though, This is a tappet plate deal right? How do I correct it? Also, can you mix stock gears and upgraded ones?
-Mack

skitelluride531
08-18-2004, 07:12 PM
Correct, the nozzle connects to the tappet plate. If you examine both the nozzle and the tappet plate, it is fairly easy to find out how they connect :). Basically, the end of the tappet plate, there is a "crease" that should line up with the tappet plate (Not a great explanation, but hopefully it helps).

As to whether or not you can mix stock gears, and upgraded gears; I am not sure, but I would assume you could (Unless you are trying to mix Helical with Spur gears).

Agrovale
08-18-2004, 07:37 PM
I wouldn't mix gears, unless you know they are the same ratio, same number of teeth and same pitch. Etc.

The nozzle and tappet plate have a tongue in groove type mounting arrangement. If they are not together properly, the nozzle won't move. Other causes include:

1: Broken tappet plate
2: Spring was not installed on tappet plate.
3: Gear that engages tappet plate is not turning (but then the piston wouldn't be moving either).
4: The nub on the gear that engages the tappet plate is sheared off (not likely).

Mack4
08-18-2004, 07:39 PM
Thanks guys, I will get to work on this ASAP.
-Mack