PDA

View Full Version : Knee Pads and Sling

Sam
08-08-2004, 05:49 PM
Well i just decided to put these two together, i'm looking to buy some OD knee pads and a 3 point sling. I know a lot of guy son Maelstrom use the Hellfire knee pads so i think i'm gonna go with those (and they are cheap hehe) but if anyone has any suggestions or comments lemme know. Also, what is a decent 3 point sling? I am afraid to get one off e-bay like i do with a lot of my gear cuz i might get some little toy piece of crap. Should i just pick any one up for an M16 from lightfighter? I have an SR-16 so i think i can get away with one that just has the clips instead of the style where you have a system of straps on the but of the gun holding the sling on.

Arsenic
08-08-2004, 06:04 PM
I would stay away from the BHI knee pads. They are known to fall apart pretty quickly. I would suggest a set of Alta knee pads or possibly a set of Bijan pads.

AustinWolv
08-08-2004, 07:03 PM
I recommend the Bijans. The OD pair I have doesn't move at all and is comfortable.

skitelluride531
08-08-2004, 07:33 PM
As for slings, www.slingsonly.com has fairly nice 3-point slings.

Mack4
08-08-2004, 11:41 PM
I have 2 OD green kneepads, if you want to buy used.
-Mack

cclark1985
08-08-2004, 11:47 PM
http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum2242.php

Those aren't too shabby either.

Arsenic
08-08-2004, 11:53 PM
I have a pair of the Hatch Centurions and a pair of Woodland Bijan pads. I would take the Bijans anyday of the week. They are more comfortable and they dont move as much.

nschrein
08-08-2004, 11:58 PM
As for slings, www.slingsonly.com has fairly nice 3-point slings.

I have a 3-point for an M-16 from them, the sling broke the very first day I used it. Terrible in my opinion. There are much better options out there, that are worth the extra buck.

I'd recommend Eagle, Tactical Tailor or CQB Solutions for slings. Oh and BTW, I'd recommend NOT using a 3-point sling on M-16 variants. Using a 3 point sling creates signifigant barrel wobble over time on the gun, especially if has a stock reciever. There are other better options out there, like a MOUT sling or HST sling from CQB Solutions.

AustinWolv
08-09-2004, 12:06 AM
Agreed. I tried a couple different pairs of kneepads at weekend skirmishes before settling on the Bijans.

HammerHead
08-09-2004, 09:24 AM
I would also recommend Bijan kneepads. They're a bit pricier but will last longer, are more comfortable and stay in place very well. Troll eBay looking for them. I believe they can be had cheaper than $45, if you invest enough effort.

Bstann
08-09-2004, 11:30 AM
I paid 20 for my Bijans so you can get them cheap if you look around.
Best knee pads I have ever used.

Sam
08-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Anyone have a website for bijan? I tried searching both E-bay and google and found nothing. It turns out there is a large company called Bijan that sells perfume. So on e-bay thats all i get and on Google i'm not getting any closer.

skitelluride531
08-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Here's one seller that has some for sale: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36071&item=2257050869&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V

The seller also has a store: http://www.entrygear.com/default.asp .

nschrein
08-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Is the quality difference between Alta and Bijans so great that there is a noticable difference that would justify the extra cost?

nschrein
08-11-2004, 06:07 PM
No opinions on if its worth the extra money?

AustinWolv
08-11-2004, 06:10 PM
You post and expect an answer in under an hour? Ever hear of patience?

Like I said, I tried various kneepads prior to buying the Bijans. The Bijans didn't move like the others did and were the most comfortable. This past weekend, I did a lot more of running, etc., than in recent memory, and those pads stayed in place. So, the extra price is worth it to me.

I believe this guy can get them for you: http://www.bradleysecurity.com/

nschrein
08-11-2004, 10:14 PM
You post and expect an answer in under an hour? Ever hear of patience?

[/url]

AustinWolv, please go back and read the post times again, I posted a DAY ago, that would be 25 hours. In the future, maybe you could be more careful before making rash assumptions.

Thanks for your input though.

AustinWolv
08-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Strange, it did show "today" before, and I recall looking at it twice. My apologies.

Phaedrus
08-13-2004, 07:13 PM
I've not had the pleasure of trying out the Bijon knee or elbow pads, so bear this in mind reading the following:

I have purchased Galls' (a tactical/police/SWAT) knee and elbow pads (which may only come in black). In my view they are a nice combination of the benefits of neoprene and hard plate versions. On the one hand, they are made from neoprene with several layers of foam. They have a lot of soft foam which my troubled knees are grateful for. Additionally, the straps and velcro are more comfortable than others I've tried (including BHI, Hatch, and Alta). On the other, they have a hard plastic plate that serves to absorb and disperse forceful impact and seems to be reliably staying on the neoprene components it is designed to protect. Therefore, in my experience, they represent a well-padded, well-constructed, and comfortable knee pad. I don't know if they maintain their position as well as the Bisons. Frankly, I suspect from others' input that they don't.

The elbow pads are similar, but not as well-padded.

Ciao,
Phaedrus...

benc64
08-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Strange, it did show "today" before, and I recall looking at it twice. My apologies.
Now nschrein's posts are showing that they are two days apart, weird :confused: