PDA

View Full Version : Want to know about Ni-Mh batteries

Laughing_Boy_lol
08-07-2004, 03:05 PM
I just got a Ni-Mh battery and this is my first time using it. The battery is 8.4v 3000mah battery.

Things I want to know are:
How long do I charge on a fast charger?
What happens after overcharging it?
And there are many many other things I want to learn about this kind of battery.

Thanks, David

Laughing_Boy_lol
08-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Oops sorry I put this on the wrong forum section can the admin move it please.

Laughing_Boy_lol
08-07-2004, 07:53 PM
Also want to know can i discharge. how long can I use in a gun before making my gun's firing rate go down.

Bear
08-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Do NOT discharge NiMH batteries. There's no need. A 3000mah battery should last you all day, I've never had one of mine fail on me.

AustinWolv
08-07-2004, 08:17 PM
I just got a Ni-Mh battery and this is my first time using it. The battery is 8.4v 3000mah battery.

Things I want to know are:
How long do I charge on a fast charger?
What happens after overcharging it?
And there are many many other things I want to learn about this kind of battery.

Thanks, David
1. Look in the Airsoft FAQ under the Battery section (see left-hand menu on this page).
2. Overcharging it can destroy the cells. Even if you overheat and outgas one cell, the pack is ruined (until you replace that individual cell which just isn't all that fun to do).

Also want to know can i discharge. how long can I use in a gun before making my gun's firing rate go down.
1. You can discharge NiMH packs, but only if you haven't used them for months on end. If that is the case, you fully charge them, then discharge them (after letting them sit and cool for a period of time), then charge again. This is called cycling. Cycling only needs to occur after extended periods of non-use. If you are using the battery pack every week or couple weeks, just leave it as-is. In this case, as Bear said, there is no reason to discharge it, as NiMH packs like a charge left on them.

Laughing_Boy_lol
08-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Do I just recharge after the battery when its out of juice(meaning slow rate of fire and such)? and also when i recharge them, do I recharge them in how long im suppose to charge. or just b4 it start to get warm.

AustinWolv
08-07-2004, 11:19 PM
Yes, you recharge it once it is drained.

If you had read the Battery FAQ like I suggested before, your question about charge time would be answered already: http://www.austinairsoft.com/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=7#26

Locked due to inadequate self-initiated research by the original topic owner.