PDA

View Full Version : Cybergun .25g's OK?

Marimba
08-04-2004, 02:40 PM
Has anyone tried the Cybergun .25g bb's that you can purchase at Academy? I purchased a container and fired the entire 2000 rounds through my Marui MP-5a4 with no problems whatsoever. I have recently purchased a M4 with a Prometheus tightbore barrel, and have some reservations using those same bb's. I have had no problems, but I am trying to be careful to protect my new investment. Any comments?

AustinWolv
08-04-2004, 02:43 PM
http://www.airsoftplayers.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5518

I haven't used these myself, but I do know of one player at Op: RD who had his gun jam up because of using them. Other than that, I haven't experienced or known someone with extended use of them that would lead me to give them a positive or negative eval......mainly because most people see the Cybergun label and shy away.

Marimba
08-04-2004, 03:00 PM
Thanks, for the link AustinWolv, and so quickly. You have been a real help to me on every question I have had so far.

Mack4
08-04-2004, 03:14 PM
I used the Cybergun .23 bb's at our last local game and I was really impressed with the range and accuracy I could achieve. This of course might not be attributed to Cybergun's craftmanship, but to the weight of the bb's. In any case they worked well and didn't jam.
-Mack

HammerHead
08-04-2004, 04:02 PM
I have used them frequently in my G3's (before tightbore installation and after) with no problems, whatsoever, and have been pleased with their range and accuracy. However, many believe they are wrought with defects and, therefore, choose not to purchase them.

By contrast, when we were using them extensively in the first quarter of '03, we experienced nothing but jams when they were used in M4 variants. The discrepency is inexplicable. But based on personal experience, I would recommend that you keep them out of your M4 magazines.

Trench_raider
08-26-2004, 06:52 PM
I have use cybergun occasionally. I really think their reliability varies from gun to gun. My M16vn has jammed twice now while using them. However both my G3SaS and my M733 both don't seem to mind them.

Odd but true.

"Trench Raider"

benc64
08-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Every time that I used Cybergun BB's in my SIG 552, it jammed. I do have a Systema tightbore in it, but still I think the quality of those BB's is awful. I am not exaggerating when I say 'everytime', it may not be the first BB, but sometime during every outing that I used them, there was a jam. Switching to Japanese BB's made the game SOOO much more fun. Jamming in the middle of a firefight is incredibly frustrating.

Daigoro
08-28-2004, 01:03 AM
The Interia BB's are also made by Cybergun aren't they? On some websites that sell those BB's, there are descriptions of the dimples adding a golf ball-like effect. I've shot some .20g ones using a springer and mini without problems, but they're definately different than a full size AEG. I would only experiment with them if I have spare parts.

B.C.D.
09-07-2004, 05:50 AM
I have been using Cybergun .25s for a year now and have never had a problem with them at all. Also I have noticed that their bb has changed a few months ago along with their package/bottle. Now when I compare them to Japanese BB's they are about the same looking, which they didnít use to be. It seems to me they have really up the quality as of late.

Marimba
09-07-2004, 09:41 AM
I have now used the cybergun bbs exclusively for about 3 months, with both the original, and tightbore barrels in my CA M15A4. I have had not a single jam in about 10,000 rounds. Over the weekend I tried the .23s and really like them. I finally managed to get my hop-up bucking put in correctly and have all of my range and accuracy that I could reasonably expect. The long and short of it...I think these are good bbs, easy to get locally and the .23s are a little less expensive than the .25s with no apparent decrease in quality or range.

benc64
09-07-2004, 09:20 PM
It seems like I'm the only one who had a bad experience with these BB's, and I don't know why. I cleaned my barrel after every outing, never used dirty BB's, why did mine jam all the time? Oh well...the Japanese BB's aren't that much more expensive. But still....WHY ME!?!?!? :D

Milkman
09-07-2004, 11:24 PM
I have been using .25g Cyber Gun bbs lately and had one jam and numerous feeding problems.

id0l
12-19-2004, 11:38 AM
I have a $50 gift card at Academy, I'm going to pick some up. If they have .23s I am going to try those. I also have a 6.03 barrel in my G36, so it will be interesting to see how they work out.

id0l
12-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Well, I got my gearbox back together tonight and reassembled my G36SD. I ended up buying 4 bottles (2000 bbs each) of CyberGun .25s. I could not locate any .23s, unfortunatly. Interestingly enough, at Academy they had some .25s with a red lid and different shaped bottle than the ones with a green lid. Upon inspection, I noted that the green-lid bottles have bb's that are shinier (Possibly smoother? It looked like it) than the others. I concluded that these are probably the newer kind, so I chose those instead of the others. I came back home and immediatly wanted to run a hi-cap through my gun with them. Considering I have a 6.03 Prometheus tightbore, I wasn't expecting good results.

Surprisingly, each and every bb fed flawlessly and shot accuratly (although I have no real way to compare these to the Excel .25s I have right now). I put about 450 rounds through the 36 in about 5 minutes. These bb's are steal for about $10 after tax for 2000 rounds! I could not locate any deformities or seam lines on the bb's. I am happy to know I can pick up semi-cheap yet good quality rounds locally. IF these continue to work well (I will follow up later), the CyberGuns will be my new choice of bb's due to cost and local pick up.

Trench_raider
12-20-2004, 07:51 AM
These bb's are steal for about $10 after tax for 2000 rounds!

That and they are easy to obtain...I pick up a bottle or two at the Academy in Temple on the way to Austin...is probably the only reasons I use them. The two guns that I have used most of late (the AK and the G3SAS) both seem to feed well with them.

"Trench Raider"

cleanshot
12-20-2004, 09:49 PM
I have used the Cyber .25's, Inertia .25's, and Excell .25's in my SR-16, MP5A5, and M15A4 without a difference betweem any of them. They all work extremely well.

AustinWolv
12-20-2004, 10:25 PM
If you have the capability, such as some calipers, measure the diameter of said BBs. The closer to 6mm, the better. Many of the cheap brands run smaller, so they aren't quite as accurate. Airsoft Elite BBs are pretty good, as they range from 5.94-5.97 from what I've seen. I've got some KSCs that measure a bit smaller, 0.02mm probably, on average.

The smaller BB will bounce around a bit more in the barrel, thus allowing for a bit more variance from the intended POI as it leaves the barrel.

I haven't had any Inertia, Excels, TM, or Cybergun BBs in my possession for quite some time, so I don't have measurement data on them.

boombaby
12-21-2004, 04:12 PM
I have bought a lot of cybergun .25's and they have gone through great. My friend who has a Famas has gotten a lot of jamming from them... It might have something to do with ROF.