PDA

View Full Version : Bore-up cylinder

Kyle
07-04-2003, 01:36 AM
I may or may not buy a longer barrel/silencer. If I did I would want to get a bore-up cylinder, but I was wondering if it would hurt to get one without extending my inner barrel. I would think that if there was any left-over air in the cylinder it would just come out after the bb had been propelled but I could be wrong.

And what is the difference between an N-B cylinder and a Bore-up

AustinWolv
07-04-2003, 08:10 AM
Unless you are upgrading to a M140 spring or greater, you do not need a Bore-Up cylinder as the spring will have too much air volume to push against.

N-B cylinder is a stock-sized cylinder.

Bore-Up is slightly larger to allow for a bit more volume.

Kyle
07-04-2003, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the info. What is the advantage of having an N-B cylinder?

AustinWolv
07-04-2003, 05:15 PM
It is a nickel plated cylinder that offers a little less resistance than the stock cylinders. Not a totally essential purchase, but it won't hurt to install if you are replacing lots of parts anyway. It *should* make things run a bit smoother and offer a bit more ROF, but not that you'd really notice.

The teflon-coated cylinders are recommended for high-speed setups as they offer even less surface resistance.

Paladin
07-05-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Kyle
What is the advantage of having an N-B cylinder?

One advantage of having a NB cylinder is the fact thats its already whats installed in your gun so there's no additional expense in getting one. But the kicker is the fact that if you happen to break your nozzle or cylinder head, a replacement can be found quite easily.

Regarding aftermarket cylinders, the benefit of installing a BU cylinder is negligable. Its another example of a company creating a part for a non-existent need. If you use a BU cylinder you'll have to buy a piston head to use with it. And it goes on, and on, and on. Before you know it, you'll have a $350 gearbox that shoots.....................400fps per second. But man, it sure is a fancy gearbox. And pretty too.