PDA

View Full Version : Ak47 Problem

skitelluride531
07-23-2004, 10:40 AM
I was test firing my SVD after fully charging the battery before our night game...well...after 3 or 4 shots it stopped firing. When pulling the trigger, you can still here the 'click' as if the motor was trying to turn. I continually pressed the trigger hoping it would somehow work thus causing the fuse to blow. I then continued on opening up the gun. I first found out that the selector plate was not touching the metal on the trigger mechanism in the mechbox. I fixed this by prying up the metal on the trigger mechanism which seemed to work. Anyways, I disconnected the motor from the mechbox to make sure my motor was not fried. It was working perfectly. I then re-attached the motor to the mechbox, fired, and it shot 3 or 4 times, then the same problem occurred. I was doing all of this with no fuse if that makes any difference. I then was very confused so opened the mechbox to find really no problem, except one of the bushings was slightly out of its whole which most likely happened while I was taking apart the mechbox. I then re-assembled the mechbox to have the same problem as before occur :confused: . As of now, my gun is laying in pieces, and I have no idea what the problem is :o thus the reason I am posting here. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what problem may be occurring? I really appreciate the help :D .

Obsidian
07-23-2004, 10:55 AM
What spring? What motor? What battery?

My SR25 took about 3 weeks of shimming every day before I got it set to the point that it would purr along.

skitelluride531
07-23-2004, 11:09 AM
Currently I am using an M150 in it with an EG700 motor with a 9.6V 3300 mah battery. It is wierd though because it shot around 800-1000 rounds before I ran into this problem :( .

Laughing_Boy_lol
07-23-2004, 12:12 PM
I'm pretty sure that you need a higher torque motor otherwise the week motor won't be able to wind the gears because the spring is too strong

skitelluride531
07-23-2004, 12:39 PM
I'm pretty sure that you need a higher torque motor otherwise the week motor won't be able to wind the gears because the spring is too strong
It worked fine before though. I went ahead and put an M100 in the gearbox only to have the same problem occur after 10 shots. I am thinking that there is a problem with the motor?

Obsidian
07-23-2004, 01:02 PM
I would say the gears are not shimmed correctly. Motors generally work or do not work.....there is not much middle ground. Gears however will bind up as the move around with improper shimming.

skitelluride531
07-23-2004, 01:32 PM
I would say the gears are not shimmed correctly. Motors generally work or do not work.....there is not much middle ground. Gears however will bind up as the move around with improper shimming.
I am going to reshim tonight and see if it makes any difference. If not, then I will give the gun to you to fix :p .

Agrovale
07-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Sounds to me that it's shimming as already stated, or the motor is not adjusted to the proper depth. Higher rate springs seem to make the mechbox much more sensitive to motor adjustment.

skitelluride531
07-23-2004, 03:47 PM
Sounds to me that it's shimming as already stated, or the motor is not adjusted to the proper depth. Higher rate springs seem to make the mechbox much more sensitive to motor adjustment.
Hmm, how do you go about adjusting the motor in an Ak47? I've always just re-attached the casing which holds the motor back onto the mechbox and never really worried about the adjusting anything.

Katana
07-23-2004, 04:08 PM
Generally, when people talk about adjusting motor depth, they're talking adjusting a set-screw in the base of the mechbox frame or body-part that holds the motor in place. In the TM Armalite replica's, this set screw in the bottom center of the pistol grip. Turn the screw adjusts the pressure on a little metal disk that supposed to sit on the bottom of the motor, which in turn pushes the motor deeper into the mechbox and changes the mesh of its pinion gear with the other gears.

On the AK47, I *believe* that the motor is attached to the mechbox , so look for a set-screw.

http://www.airsoftplayers.com/ak/ak6.jpg

If you look at the step 3, the middle of that line shows an allen-wrench being used to adjust the motor mesh. You'll have to be able to get at the base of the motor to adjust this. If it's adjusted too tight, you'll generall burn fuses or seize up the mechbox. Backing it off too far will generally have the gears start screaming at you while you're firing. Just firing a semi shot off with each adjustment or so, and listen till it sounds the best (generally, the quietest).

AustinWolv
07-23-2004, 04:38 PM
You sure that 9.6v pack has enough power for a M150? Unless the shimming is dead-on, the slightest extraneous friction might tax that pack.

skitelluride531
07-23-2004, 04:51 PM
You sure that 9.6v pack has enough power for a M150? Unless the shimming is dead-on, the slightest extraneous friction might tax that pack.
It's been working fine in the past. I am working on re-shimming it though to see if that helps any.

Oh and, thanks for the info Katana. I knew how to adjust it on the M16, but never quite understood how it was done on the Ak47 :D .

skitelluride531
07-23-2004, 05:58 PM
YAY! I finally finished the shimming and put it back together with an M100 equivelant in it. It works :) (*sigh of relief* :p ). I will replace it with the M150 tonight and see what happens.

Thank you to everyone for the help.