PDA

View Full Version : CA RIS question

Polaris
07-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Hey I bought a RIS and it didn't come with anything except the RIS and the armor. I need to know what I need so I can hook it up on me gun. I think all I need is the delta ring but i'm not sure.

thanks,
knight

matt05CQB
07-22-2004, 10:12 PM
Hey I bought a RIS and it didnt come with anything except the RIS and the armor. I need to know what I need so I can hook it up on me gun. I think all i need is the delta ring but im not sure.

thanks,
knight

Knight, I'm going to ride you for this one before mcoupe, Obsidian or Wolv get on you for it. Please refer to the forum rules: http://www.austinairsoft.com/forums/announcement.php?f=11 as it pertains to use of proper grammar, punctuation and spelling. Please make sure you use your apostrophe's and capitalize your I's, as well as check your grammar. "...so I can hook it up to ME gun." is not correct grammar and we would appreciate it if you could check your posts before you post them to make them easier to read for the rest of us. Thank you.

Katana
07-23-2004, 03:55 PM
silent_knight, surely a pimp from pimpsville such as yourself could figure it out.

Seriously, you've given nowhere even approaching enough information for anyone to assist you, if they were so inclined.

If I were to play the odds and guess that you're putting some kind of K.A.C. RAS replica on an M4, it would simply replace the existing foregrip. To remove the foregrip, you pull the delta ring back toward the receiver and that should relieve the foregrip's flanges and allow you to take the two halves off.

If I guessed wrong, give us a bit more to work with and we'll see what we can do. Let us know the brand and model of RIS you are attempting to mount, and the brand and model of replica, plus any body or structure-related upgrades you've already done to it, as different brands of metal replacement bodies and one-piece outer barrels could affect the process.

Good luck to ya. :)

matt05CQB
07-23-2004, 09:16 PM
Yes, Katana's analysis of the problem is correct (if that is actually the problem). If that isn't the problem, please add more adjectives to your posts and we will do our best to help you. Otherwise, you are S.O.L.

Polaris
07-24-2004, 02:49 PM
I have a CA RIS for an M4. The gun is completely stock. The gun is an TM SR-16.

benc64
07-24-2004, 03:22 PM
Why did you buy an RIS for your SR16? Doesn't your SR16 already have an RIS?

Polaris
07-24-2004, 06:17 PM
I wanted a metal one.

matt05CQB
07-24-2004, 09:51 PM
That is not really that good of a plan. The stock RIS front grip on the SR16 is probably the sturdiest part of the rifle. I respect your "I wanted a metal one" idea, but you will have more problems with that one. Also, if I am not mistaken, the CA RIS doesn't allow for mounting on all sides like the stock SR16 one does. But I may be mistaken as I have no experience with any non-MP5 CA's.

Agrovale
07-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Can you post a link to the RIS you purchased? That would help a lot.

Polaris
07-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Ok here's the picture.

matt05CQB
07-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Guys... since he didn't post the site I will... it is UnCompany, under accessories and then RIS/RAS Rails. It is 4 down. It says it will fit on the SR16 and it says it comes with the delta ring assembly so I would assume that you have all you need to change it out with the stock one. Though I respect your idea to have an all metal RIS system, I am not sure if it is a good idea for your SR16. But thats your decision, as for assembly... you should have everything you need to swap RIS systems.