PDA

View Full Version : MP5 question

Matt
07-14-2004, 01:56 PM
I picked up a classic army MP5 the other day from Section 6 Tactical(those guys rock.) I was looking it over, and I noticed a odd pice of metal sticking out and bent forward on the right side of the gun next to the magazine well. It looks like it was placed there purposly, but I can't for the life of me figure out why it's there. At first I thought that it was some sort of clamp used to attach another magazine to the gun, but failing to find anyway to attach a magazine to it I am forced to rule that out. Perhaps it's just there because it is on a "real steel," but I am intrigued as to what it's purpose is. Any help would be appriciated.

kestrel
07-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Its strange, because I too was wondering the exact same thing about it, and i guessed some of the same things too.
I am also interested in finding out what this thing is.

AustinWolv
07-14-2004, 02:37 PM
DrNo would know. As far as I know, it isn't for anything specific. Remnant of original design, but I could be dead wrong.

Obsidian
07-14-2004, 03:16 PM
I think it is a sling mount point if we are thinking about the same thing.

kestrel
07-14-2004, 04:58 PM
Alright i've posted a pic to make sure we are all talking about the same thing.
http://server6.uploadit.org/files/K357R31-thing.jpg

Matt
07-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Yeah, that is it. I suppose it could be a sling mount, but it just seems to flimsy for something like that.

Edit: perhaps it holds onto that little pice that sticks up in this picture.

http://www.austinairsoft.com/forums/reviewpost/data/69/154Clamp_MP5_Mag-large.jpg

Dragon
07-14-2004, 11:26 PM
Nope, I KNOW it's not for that. The second picture is a 2 mag, mag clamp and the "That little piece that sticks up" is 3 to 9 inches away from the weapon part you are speaking about. That "little piece that stick up" is a swing arm to add pressure to both mags once they are in the mag clamp.

It's a sling point on the weapon I'm pretty sure.

Oh, it's flimsy because it's a toy and nobody uses it for a sling point.