PDA

View Full Version : magazines and thier problems

kestrel
07-08-2004, 09:46 AM
alright, I am currently using a just newly upgrade mp5. Towards the end of the last game it seemed to have problems firing every shot, sometimes pulling the magazine out and then putting it back in would help. I figured it might have to do with the upgrade that i had done.
I really had no idea what was going on, even after consulting obsidian and others.

Just recently this started to happen with friend of mine's mp5 also (his mp5 is not upgraded). Heres the thing, we both use the same type of magazines (marui lo caps and G&P mid caps).
I suggested that the cause (for me at least) was due to leaving bbs in the mags overnight, or even for several days before remembering to take them out. Therefore the spring was left compressed for extended periods of time. My friend said that he could have possibly have done this too.

So, would some magazine maintainance help or did we both just kill our mags? mid caps are cheap so buying more of those really doesn't bother me but if you guys think that there is some other factor messing up the guns please give some input.

Oh yeah, one other note, when the gun doesn't fire a bb air come out which suggests even more that its a feed problem and is a problem with the magazine.

Dragon
07-08-2004, 10:25 AM
Try doing this...

Do ALL your mags have this problem? The chance that the mags spring is left compressed too long might not be the problem. Sometimes it's the connection between mag and mag well/feed tube.

Try your mags in someone else's weapon. If it works then it's not the mags specifically. (Use a completely different manufacturer of weapon. Marui instead of ICS, CA instead of ICS, etc...)

More than likely it's not the mags. If it were then it would be the first I've heard that that many mags do that. (Especially lo-cap mags.)

kestrel
07-08-2004, 11:00 AM
yes, all of the mags have the same problem, however the lowcaps seem to be working better than the mid caps. I will try them out on a different Mp5 if i can.
If it is the connection between the mag and the feed tube what do i do to fix it?

Agrovale
07-08-2004, 11:44 AM
Try spraying some silicone lube into the mag through the BB opening and see if that improves the situation. I usually have to do this at least once a month on my mags so that they will feed properly. Also, spray a little bit into the feed tube in the mag well of your MP5 (just enough to lube the walls of the tube).

What brand BB are you using, did you recently switch?

Are you getting good velocity when they do fire? Or are some going far, some short? All short? etc...

kestrel
07-08-2004, 11:51 AM
I am using airsoft elite .20 rounds, i have been using them for a while.

all of the bbs that fire shoot at about the same distace and speed.
I will try and get some silicone lube, where in austin would you reccomend getting it?

kestrel
07-08-2004, 01:40 PM
alright, this might help
http://www.austinairsoft.com/forums/photopost/data/500/1348bbproblem.jpg

when the gun stops shooting and i pull out the mag there is a bb in the barrel, when i pull the trigger it jumps a little bit forward and then comes back again, if i repeat a few times it finally shoots out. I think it might be getting caught on something. Any ideas?

Agrovale
07-08-2004, 02:00 PM
I would say you need to clean your barrel and see if that helps.

You aren't re-using BBs are you? I've been using AEs for years now with no jams at all.

kestrel
07-08-2004, 02:03 PM
I would say you need to clean your barrel and see if that helps.

You aren't re-using BBs are you? I've been using AEs for years now with no jams at all.

certainly not, if a bb so much as falls one the floor i throw it away.

Dragon
07-08-2004, 03:21 PM
The Hop Bucking unit might be fubar'd. (Requires a breakdown of the weapon but not the mechbox.) Could be torn or not positioned correctly.

You might have a staple caught in there and can't see it because it moved backwards. Happened to me but only once.

Does your MP5 have a collapsing stock? Sometimes messing with the battery in the foregrip you can twist the barrel enough to get the hop bucking out of alignment. (Possibly)

Just about any hobby shop that carrie model racing cars will have the silicone spray.

kestrel
07-08-2004, 03:43 PM
dragon, that is very possible, somtimes when one of the jammed ones comes out it has black smudges on it. What do you make of that?

Agrovale
07-08-2004, 04:05 PM
Marui hop bucking are made of black rubber. It could be misaligned in there, and I have seen one where the 'nub' came out of place and ended up between the bucking and the inside of the barrel.

Mouse
07-08-2004, 05:47 PM
The removal of the hopup bucking in an mp5 does not require the taking apart of the mechbox. But it DOES require pretty much taking the entire gun (everything EXCEPT the mechbox) apart.

I can also say that i have only had one barrel jam in airsoft, and that was when the bucking got all messed up and blocked the bb. I would highly recommend investigating the hop-up bucking.

kestrel
07-08-2004, 06:08 PM
To tell you the truth this whole problem started after a jam. If the hop up bucking is messed up (to the point at which it it unuseable) where can I buy a new (preferably very high quality) one and about how much will it cost.

skitelluride531
07-08-2004, 06:28 PM
To tell you the truth this whole problem started after a jam. If the hop up bucking is messed up (to the point at which it it unuseable) where can I buy a new (preferably very high quality) one and about how much will it cost.
www.airsoftworx.com

5 dollars.

Obsidian
07-08-2004, 06:31 PM
if it started after a jam and you used a rod to remove the bb its possible that the bucking was torn somehow. I think there are some on airsoftworx.com

EDIT: eh ski beat me to the punch

Dragon
07-08-2004, 06:51 PM
The removal of the hopup bucking in an mp5 does not require the taking apart of the mechbox. But it DOES require pretty much taking the entire gun (everything EXCEPT the mechbox) apart.

I can also say that i have only had one barrel jam in airsoft, and that was when the bucking got all messed up and blocked the bb. I would highly recommend investigating the hop-up bucking.

Isn't this exactly what I said?