PDA

View Full Version : Paint Ball Mask

Infrared
07-06-2004, 07:25 PM
Damn paint ball mask, I cant breath in those things. So i decided to just take the lends out of the mask. So all I have is something similar to ski goggles. But I ran across a problem while trying to do so. I cant get the strap out of the shell. I already popped everything I could but its the elastic strap that I am having trouble with. Its all sewn together so i can not just take it apart from the adjuster.

Could somebody help me do this. Its really starting to get on my nerves.

benc64
07-06-2004, 07:31 PM
If you could tell us the brand of the mask, post a link, or post some pictures, we would be able to more easily help you.

Infrared
07-06-2004, 08:05 PM
If you could tell us the brand of the mask, post a link, or post some pictures, we would be able to more easily help you.

http://www.riesgoaventura.com/images/JT_NFORCER.jpg

UT Nforcer

Obsidian
07-06-2004, 08:07 PM
I bought one of those for my girlfriend. There are little plastic nubs that go into the goggle part. You just need to get a knife and work your way around the goggles cutting it free.

Alchemist
07-06-2004, 10:17 PM
On most JT goggles you don't have to cut the little nubs off that connect the goggle to the mask. You should be able to pull it out easily.

Infrared
07-07-2004, 12:30 AM
I bought one of those for my girlfriend. There are little plastic nubs that go into the goggle part. You just need to get a knife and work your way around the goggles cutting it free.

that dident work at ALL! all i have now is a cut on my finger.

Obsidian
07-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Well you can still type and most of the letters are there so it can not be too bad. If you read it again I said work your way around the goggles cutting it free. No where did I give you the instructions to cut your finger.

kestrel
07-07-2004, 08:48 AM
This may not be considered as "helpful" but i would suggest just scraping the paintball mask and goggles. Instead, buy some ESS thermal or turbocam goggles. I used JT goggles for a while, however they are very uncomfortable, and fog up very easily.

just my 2 cents

Obsidian
07-07-2004, 10:29 AM
This may not be considered as "helpful" but i would suggest just scraping the paintball mask and goggles. Instead, buy some ESS thermal or turbocam goggles. I used JT goggles for a while, however they are very uncomfortable, and fog up very easily.

just my 2 cents

That was the conclusion that my girlfriend came to as well. Nothing out there will match turbocams in my opinion.

Infrared
07-07-2004, 11:07 AM
Well you can still type and most of the letters are there so it can not be too bad. If you read it again I said work your way around the goggles cutting it free. No where did I give you the instructions to cut your finger.

Thanks but i measured my cut and its about the same width of the knife.(1 and a half inches.)

And accidents do happen. But still, i cant get the lenses out of my mask.
Any other ideas that does not involve a knife.

benc64
07-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Thanks but i measured my cut and its about the same width of the knife.(1 and a half inches.)

And accidents do happen. But still, i cant get the lenses out of my mask.
Any other ideas that does not involve a knife.
Obsidian was being sarcastic, don't get mad at him, just try to be more careful. If you could post some pictures of your current progress I promise we will be able to help you.

Mouse
07-07-2004, 12:42 PM
If i knife doesn't work then try a hacksaw....hacksaws can cut pretty much anything.

stalker
09-05-2004, 09:51 PM
oh so he can cut off his finger this time :eek: lol :D