PDA

View Full Version : Good scope?

Mouse
07-01-2003, 09:36 PM
Usually i will do research and ask questions on the brand name etc. but here i am just going to be blunt....

http://www.combatclub.net/product.php?pid=683&PHPSESSID=d75e6c6037aee5af1e2dbaf3c3be87f6

Is this a good deal? Is Hurricane a good brand? and what is that little mini-scope looking thing on top of the red dot?

Thanks in advance,
William

AustinWolv
07-01-2003, 09:45 PM
This is a fairly new Aimpoint replica. The "mini-scope" you reference is the mounting ring that goes around the "neck" of the Aimpoint. See the hex screws on that ring? You loosen those to remove the upper half of the ring, place the sight in the bottom half, and then place the upper half back on, and tighten down the hex screws. Then, the ring attaches to a rail on your AEG.

The HurricanE products I've had have been pretty good, not that I've had many. For example, supposedly many people are happy with their new metal bodies, but I can't say until mine shows up.

As for the cosmetic accuracy, I'd say this HurricanE replica is one of the closest I've seen to a real Aimpoint. That being said, it is too new for reviews and such to out there, and I obviously have not seen/held one, so I can't speak to its' quality or usefulness.

I'd keep an eye out on the various Airsoft forums for people to start reviewing it.

And the price doesn't look too bad BTW.

Mouse
07-01-2003, 09:53 PM
Okay maybe "mini-scope" was a bad description. I am refering to that thing on top of the scope itself, not the mount.

Other than that, thanks for the advice! :D

Agrovale
07-02-2003, 08:59 AM
I'm basically guessing, but I think that is where the battery goes. And also the adjustment knob for the dot brightness.

AustinWolv
07-02-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Mouse
Okay maybe "mini-scope" was a bad description. I am refering to that thing on top of the scope itself, not the mount.

Other than that, thanks for the advice! :D

:D Ok, I see what you are referring to now. Sorry about the confusion. Yes, that is the battery compartment as Agro pointed out. On the real Aimpint, the front of the compartment unscrews (as you can see by the thumbscrew) for battery installation. At the rear of the compartment is the on/off switch with brightness adjustments. I would assume this HurricanE replica mimics that. The thumbscrew you see on the top is an elevation/windage adjustment, with another one on the right side, which is hidden in the picture.

Mouse
07-02-2003, 11:20 AM
Allright cool. Thanks for the help. :)