PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading my MP5-A5, need help.

SPLAT1
06-28-2004, 11:11 PM
My Airsoft Elite MP5 looks like a mess, and doesn't function to my liking, so I feel like dumping a hundred bucks into getting it near perfect :). First off, let's address the battery issue. I want to fit a 8.4v battery into a handgrip, and I looked on the AE website and they have some of those made which mask the battery in a cool looking R.A.S. system, such as the one on dts:
http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_list.jsp?cid=OTA&bid=BAS&pg=3&rpp=10
Is this the proper item, and are there any reliable U.S. retailers that I can find which carry this item (including airsoftworx :) ).

The next issue is barrel length. My gun only shoots around 375 fps, which could be shooting 400 fps, according to Agro, if I get a longer barrel. I also want some accuracy :). I have never purchased an airsoft barrel before, so I don't know what to look for, and where to get them cheap, yet good. Extending beyond the length of the gun shouldn't be a problem, since I imagined myself gettinga silencer attachment to aid the masking of the bigger barrel.

Lastly, on the field, I have continuous slowness in the bb's per second shooting out of my gun (probably around 8, if I'm lucky). Do I need high speed motors/gears, or what? Let me remind you that my gun is all metal, with Agro's 400 fps upgrade, which could be wearing down the gears fast. Oh, and the 8" cord attaching my battery to the guns port isn't helping either, but that can be fixed.

That's all I need for now. Hopefully you can spare a few minutes and help me out. Oh, and by the way, I am yahoo'ing Wolv :).

SPLAT1
06-29-2004, 07:47 PM
www.airsoftgear.com
This website seems to have some of the things that I am looking for, with a relatively cheap price. In replacing my little MP5 barrel, how much further should I extend the barrel, to where I can also mask it with an added silencer? Will someone please help me on this?

cclark1985
06-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Barrel lengths can be found at WGC. Find out how long the silencer you will be getting is, then do the math and figure out the longest barrel you can conceal. Systema barrels are cheaper than the TN barrels, but require more cleaning. I've read mixed opinions on the Prom. barrels. If you decide to extend past M4 length, you'll need a solid cylinder.

On the topic of upping your FPS, I have found that some MP5s have sealing issues with the nozzle/hopup.. So you may be stuck with 375.

Your rate of fire is probably subpar due to the battery you're using from Radio Shack.. Your gears should be find for a while longer. Get an 8.4v 3000mAh. My opinion on the battery situation is to get a fullstock. That ICS foregrip is mighty ugly and toyish looking in my opinion. But if you have your mind set on that route, it should be able to fit an 8.4v battery.

Obsidian
06-29-2004, 10:50 PM
Barrel lengths can be found on this site too. AEG Database.

SPLAT1
06-29-2004, 10:51 PM
I have a 8.4v 1500 MAH battery already, that is taped underneath the grip....I want the R.I.S. system to hide that. Thanks for the tip Clark, hope to show you what I've done with my MP5 after I get it all together :D ! It should be a big change from you last saw...I just need a little more help getting to that point!

Agrovale
06-30-2004, 08:33 AM
The shortest barrel I would use for a 400fps gun would be an M4 barrel. The Systema barrel is cheaper, but I prefer the TN because it seems to require less maintenance as Chris said.

For ROF you could always go high speed gears or an upgraded motor, however you will be trading gear life for ROF. I prefer to keep stock gears in my AEGs simply because they should last over a year with an M120 spring when used every weekend.