PDA

View Full Version : Discharging Batteries

boombaby
06-26-2004, 12:09 PM
I have been searching for a while but still have not found out if a marui discharger automatically shuts off, or if it needs to be disconnected after a certian amout of discharging? If any of you know the answers to these question it would help me out a bunch.

AustinWolv
06-26-2004, 12:20 PM
When the LED goes out, you need to disconnect the battery. Leaving it connected for a short while probably won't hurt the pack too badly, but for extended periods is bad for the pack. This is only for NiCd packs, as you don't need to discharge NiMH packs.

boombaby
06-26-2004, 12:27 PM
Thanks alot. I just got back from soccer training in mexico to my first free sunday. I am pursuading my dad to take me to the skirmmish and to my surprise he said he would like to play too.

Grant
07-12-2004, 05:49 AM
Even if you are going to store Nimh packs you do not need to dischage them? I am asking because i am only going to get Nimh packs so if you do not need a dischager i do not want to waste my money cause i need as much as i can get.

Agrovale
07-12-2004, 09:01 AM
You do not need a discharger for NiMh packs. Though you should charge both NiMh and NiCd batteries before you store them. Both types will self discharge and you want to keep individual cell voltages above a certain point to make sure the cells don't 'reverse'.

Grant
07-12-2004, 09:35 AM
OK, i got it.

HammerHead
07-12-2004, 10:01 AM
Unless you REALLY know what you are doing, do NOT attempt to discharge NiMH battery packs. We discharged/charged one at Great Pumpkin, unaware that it was NiMH. To call the results disastrous is perhaps one of the greatest understatements of the year.

Simply put, the battery was a $70 heap of smoldering soup.