PDA

View Full Version : Stuff in the works.....

Obsidian
06-25-2004, 11:31 AM
I have a few things in the works like a team database that will list teams by states. It will show a pic of the teams choosing as well as a description. The links will point to the website of the team....etc. I am also working towards a player database of sorts.

The M4 contest is going to be coming to a close in a couple weeks and we will announce the winner at that time. There are still alot of products that are not in the database. I was going to review some of the G36 parts that I recently picked up but they were not in there. There are a few people that are way up there in the product count at the moment so its still anyones game. While on the matter.....everyone can post reviews in there of items they have. I see many have already but to really make it work we need to get everyone involved. So if you have something that you thought was great or not so great go post a few words on the product to help someone else out.

There are a couple other things that I want some feedback on. The first is a "store" of sorts. Basically members get points for posting....being a member for a certain period of time...helping others...etc. These points could be considered "money" for the "store". This money would then be used to buy stuff like custom titles for yourself, custom titles for others, access to special forums, avatars, signatures, change your username, highlight or glow your username, etc.....Lots of stuff basically. What this would mean is that you accumulate money and can buy stuff to benefit you or mess with your buddies ( within reason ) This will work in conjunction to something else that I am working on that will give access to members who have been loyal to the site for a while. Sort of a LSA members club. It would be Mostly free of moderation and restrictions with some exceptions. Anyways I figured I would get the opinions of the masses before undertaking it.

The next couple things deal with email. One would be a web based email client for the site. It would give you your own xxxxxx@austinairsoft.com email address and the web based ability to send, receive, and manage it.

The other slightly less functional version would just give you the ability to pull pop based email accounts to a web based interface on the site. So if you have road runner you would be able to get and send email from the site.

I am looking at establishing an Airsoft RSS feed so any of you that run your own sites could pull a feed of all the airsoft news that is on the front page over to your site. I imagine that once that takes off we could see a big jump in traffic.

If you have been looking at the statistics you can see that we have pulled in nearly 100 new members in the last 30 to 40 days. I really appreciate all the help that everyone has been putting forth regarding helping new members and helping the site grow. If you have not noticed many of the big sites out there are having problems at the moment. Arnie's has been down for a week or so and nearly went down permanently. We have room to grow and can bring about a new kind of professional airsoft site that might change the way that many look at airsoft in a negative light.

AustinWolv
06-26-2004, 09:11 AM
Quick comment: There appears to be a problem with the user reviews. When I go to a product section and there are multiple pages, I'll click on the page number at the bottom of the page, and then the next page will come up with nothing on it. When I change the items shown per page from 40 to 60, that first page will load the additional items. This was occurring in the Reddot section.

AustinWolv
07-03-2004, 02:22 PM
There are a couple other things that I want some feedback on. The first is a "store" of sorts. Basically members get points for posting....being a member for a certain period of time...helping others...etc. These points could be considered "money" for the "store". This money would then be used to buy stuff like custom titles for yourself, custom titles for others, access to special forums, avatars, signatures, change your username, highlight or glow your username, etc.....Lots of stuff basically. What this would mean is that you accumulate money and can buy stuff to benefit you or mess with your buddies ( within reason ) This will work in conjunction to something else that I am working on that will give access to members who have been loyal to the site for a while. Sort of a LSA members club. It would be Mostly free of moderation and restrictions with some exceptions. Anyways I figured I would get the opinions of the masses before undertaking it.

I like the idea to give custom titles and stuff, as they might give peope incentive to keep visiting, etc. On another non-Airsoft board I frequent, you get a special banner under your avatar for every 1000 posts. So you get a 1000 post banner with one trophy one it, then a 2000 post banner with two trophies on it, and so on. It just kinda recognizes the people that have been around. On the same site, if you were around long enough with enough posts, you got access to a special forum where anything goes. It was cool for a while, but didn't really offer that much more, plus the site owner felt that it alienated newbs a bit too much, as the veterans spent a lot of time in the special forum.