PDA

View Full Version : Soviet era camo part 2..

Trench_raider
06-22-2004, 04:26 PM
I just noticed that Russiancombatgear.com (http://www.russiancombatgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=164&osCsid=7c03100bd3970b11a1228b08b4c5b076) has found a stock of the old Soviet era "KLMK" camo overalls that I mentioned a couple of months back. I'm pretty excited about this even though they are fairly pricy at $70 a pop before shipping from Russia. However, like I mentioned before I already have an existing set in my collection.

I'm probably going to order two sets. One will go into the collection as is and the other I'm going to take to my ex-wife (who is a great seamstress despite her other failings) and get it tailored to fit my fat butt. Combined with either the full set of 80's era Soviet LBE I have or one of the Russian tac vests or chest rigs from the same site, this will make for an interesting alternative "look".
http://www.russiancombatgear.com/images/bdu_rcg_klmkos.jpg

Some of you may be thinking that the KLMK camouflage pattern is a bit lurid to be useful. This has not been my experience. Back around 1994 or so I wore my set out playing paintball a couple of times. I found that it actually works pretty well in Central Texas cedar brush. In any event, the overall reverses to a darker version of the pattern designed to defeat IR imaging rather like the familar US "Desert Night Camo".

Thoughts?

Comerade "Trench Raider"

Obsidian
06-22-2004, 06:30 PM
If you are a Russian Cammo fanatic I suggest waiting a couple months. The Russians are in the process of replacing the Bekas type uniforms with a digital cammo variant.

chrisvalla
06-23-2004, 07:24 AM
I finally got my VSMs after waiting for six months... not bad looking. Bekas are next on the list for that one month of abnornally low temperatures known as winter.

Obsidian
06-23-2004, 09:03 AM
I wear Bekas Cammies.....their smog pattern is identical to DPM. They are by far one of the most comfy sets of cammies I have worn. They have vents all over the place so they stay nice and cool. Plus plants like those yucca demon things do not stick through them like they do the normal cammies. They also have these nice gator type things running down the legs that do wonders for keeping the chiggers off your ankles :)