PDA

View Full Version : 06.20.04 Hunters

Jay
06-14-2004, 09:58 AM
Honor your father by shooting some people.

skitelluride531
06-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Will be in Jamaica so will miss the next two skirmishes. Will attend all of July and August though.

Agrovale
06-14-2004, 10:15 AM
I will be somewhere between Austin and Atlanta, so I won't be out there. :(

AustinWolv
06-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Planning on being there.

HammerHead
06-14-2004, 10:28 AM
My brother and I shall be there. Dan's looking forward to getting back on the field.

Bstann
06-14-2004, 11:04 AM
I plan on attending.

R4lph
06-14-2004, 12:16 PM
I'll still be in Dallas, probably preparing to sell fireworks! :D

Katana
06-14-2004, 01:58 PM
I will probably be at this game.

EDIT - I'll probably be a couple of hours late. I'll be busy all morning.

B.C.D.
06-14-2004, 02:04 PM
I am planning on being there. I will also say for That Panda Guy (because his Internet is down) that he will most likely be there as well.

CALI
06-17-2004, 07:15 PM
I'll be there...

Energizer_e2
06-17-2004, 08:30 PM
I'll be there and actually play too!

LaPHtA
06-17-2004, 09:01 PM
I will be there, hiding from HH's brother, Dan.

Beware the shade...it is my domain.

benc64
06-17-2004, 09:22 PM
I'll be there to sell my bipod to you Laphta, nothing else though.

cclark1985
06-18-2004, 11:20 PM
I should be there ready to kill kill kill.

AustinWolv
06-21-2004, 11:31 AM
Quick AAR:

Low attendance, but we ended up having about 12 or so, with a few people arriving late. Low 90degF weather slowed people up quite a bit.

First skirmish involved a move-to-contact along the rock wall from LA to Seattle. Bluefor had 5, Opfor had 6 or 7 people, I think. Bluefor moved slowly along the wall on the eastern side of it, sticking to the trees and shade. Opfor was spotted trying to flank, but was 200 yards distant. Two or more Opfor were then spotted directly ahead of us, so Bluefor went static, as Opfor was unaware of us. They continued to move forward, until one of the Bluefor had to engage or else be seen. After exchanging fire, our guy got hit, but Opfor pulled back when more of us opened up. We then moved up on him, and I was able to get a burst through the trees on the Opfor player. Another Opfor contact was just behind him, holed up in the rock wall, and we moved to engage him. I got hit, but other teammates got him shortly thereafter. Bluefor continued to move forward a bit, but didn't run across any contacts as people were spread out quite a bit. A few more people showed up then, so game was called to reorganize everything.

After a lengthy break, Opfor decided to defend Chicago, while Bluefor was to reach the point and touch the marker. There were 7 people per team. Bluefor started off looping east past Chicago to approach from the back-side, instead of trying to north to Bismarck and then cut east. I'm not sure how Opfor was set up, but we suspected they would be protecting the west and south sides of Chicago. This might have been the case as we didn't engage Opfor for quite some time, as we were able to move all the way north to the fence on the east side of Chicago. At that point, 2 of Bluefor split off from the other 5 and watched the fenceline area for movement. The other 5 moved west towards Chicago, so that basically two fireteams were moving parallel. One of our guys first spotted Opfor and hit him, and then fire started coming in from another direction. The fireteam of 5 moved up some more and spotted more contacts, but I think they lost a person or two. Obsidian and myself moved up through heavy foliage, dispatched of 3 Opfor players, and then spotted Chicago. Meanwhile, the other fireteam continued moving up to regroup with us, as they were watching an Opfor contact. We decided to move on Chicago, and as we advanced, an Opfor player hiding was spotted and hit. We reached the objective and skirmish was over.

Everyone seemed pretty tired at that point, and several had run out of water, so the day was over.