PDA

View Full Version : Sig 552 problem

kaiser bear
06-04-2004, 02:48 PM
My friend's sig 552 has a bit of a problem. He recently purchased it off of ebay and in my opinion he got a peice. We hooked up a battery to fire and were astonished. The first two shots were perfect and then on single fire, about 15 bb's sputtered out going about 2 feet. We stopped firing and switched out the mags to check if that was a problem. We fired twice more on single fire and nothing happened at all. We switched to full auto and this time 6 bb's flew out and went about 10 feet. Then again on single about 15 flew out and only went about 3 feet. After about 20 minutes of laughing we decided to put the gun away. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what the problem is.

Also on a side note the same guy shipped him another sig 552 two days after he got the other one. This sig however is brand new. So now he has one working gun and one non working.

Agrovale
06-04-2004, 03:20 PM
Sounds like the tappet plate may be broken, or there is a huge airleak somewhere in the hopup, nozzle, cylinder, piston area.

AustinWolv
06-04-2004, 03:20 PM
On the misfiring gun, it sounds like a combination of a hopup/nozzle issue, along with an electrical problem of some sort. I'm thinking the selector plate for the electrical issue, but of course, I could be wrong.

Bstann
06-04-2004, 05:10 PM
Also something to remember with the SIG is the Hand guard pin is also located in front of the mag well. If the pin isn't set right or missing, the hop up nozzle wont feed right.

Agrovale
06-04-2004, 06:38 PM
On the misfiring gun, it sounds like a combination of a hopup/nozzle issue, along with an electrical problem of some sort. I'm thinking the selector plate for the electrical issue, but of course, I could be wrong.

I read the original post as saying that 15 BBs came out of the barrel on one shot. Maybe we need clarification. :)

AustinWolv
06-04-2004, 11:40 PM
I read the original post as saying that 15 BBs came out of the barrel on one shot. Maybe we need clarification. :)

I saw the following quote, so that's what I was keying on:

We fired twice more on single fire and nothing happened at all.

ryanmoret
09-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Well, Kaiser Bear took apart the Sig 552 with out even paying attention how to put it back together. Now we have another problem... We don't know how to put it back together and we don't have a manual for the gun. I've looked around online and I cant seem to find one anywhere. The old airsoftplayers site went down and that was the closest i've come.

AustinWolv
09-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Google yielded: http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=22611&st=0&#entry220330

ryanmoret
09-19-2004, 04:04 PM
ah, I found those files earlier and they did'nt work. I guess I should of read a bit further.

ryanmoret
09-19-2004, 04:19 PM
And the files still arent working with the program :-/