PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Vest Belt.

Mouse
06-25-2003, 11:57 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2181030970&category=588

I own a vest similar, if not the same one as the vest pictured in the link above.

I don't own a belt, and i know one is supposed to go through those little straps located at the bottom of the vest. (You can click the picture to enlarge) I am sure there are a ton of differnt ones you can put onto a vest like that. My question is; is there a certain type of belt that fits that type of vest, if so what is it? Links might be helpful as i am not very knowledgable about names or abbreviations.

Thanks in advance,
William

Skizm
06-26-2003, 07:02 AM
Standard Army/Marine Utility/War belt found at most surplus store for $10 - $20.

furioso
06-26-2003, 11:33 AM
youve seen my vest william. It too has those little straps. However I dont use the straps for a belt. I use them for attaching small hand tools or items that would be useful on the battlefield when easily accessible. Also on the back of the vest their should be tightening cords that you can loop through the many rings of the vest in order to get a better fit for it. I also use those rings for small gadgets, most of the time for looks, but whatever.

assassin
07-03-2003, 01:25 AM
the holes you guys are refering to are are for a standard govt. issue pistol belt. just thought you should know

cclark1985
07-03-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by assassin
the holes you guys are refering to are are for a standard govt. issue pistol belt. just thought you should know

No I do believe they are talking about the belt holes..

assassin
07-03-2003, 11:36 AM
If you read there posts then you would see that they were talking about what kind of belt goes thru those loops, and was simply cleary up any confussion , seeing as how i have the same vest , and the appropriate belt. they refered to it as a "war"belt, and this simply is not true. it is in fact a pistol belt, thanks for your reply-assassin:D

cclark1985
07-03-2003, 11:43 AM
Oh, I miss-read. I thought you said "pistol holster". I suppose I could learn how to read sometime. Sorry

assassin
07-03-2003, 11:44 AM
no problem. we all make mistakes:D

mcoupe11
07-03-2003, 12:37 PM
no problem. we all make mistakesIndeed.

"The holes you guys are referring to are for a standard govt. issue pistol belt. Just thought you should know."
"If you read their posts, then you would see that they were talking about what kind of belt goes through those loops, and I was simply clearing up any confusion, seeing as how I have the same vest, and the appropriate belt. They referred to it as a "war" belt, and this simply is not true. It is in fact a pistol belt. Thanks for your reply. - assassin"
"It's ok. No problem. We all make mistakes."

assassin
07-03-2003, 10:22 PM
so im not a grammar nazi, get off my back .it makes you come off as rude , and im sure your not.:)

cclark1985
07-03-2003, 10:45 PM
assassin read http://www.austinairsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2160

mcoupe11
07-04-2003, 10:29 PM
Assassin, I have never asked anyone to be a "Grammar Nazi." All I ask is that some writing effort be evident in what is publicly posted. Your posts indicate to me that you aren't even trying, which suggests two possibilities:

1) You are completely incapable of writing properly in the English language.

2) You do not care about the effort that we as readers have to put forth to decipher your posts. The quality of the discussion and its value to the members of these forums does not concern you. These things are not important enough for you to be bothered with.

I doubt that the first possibility is true. If, therefore, it is the second situation which is the case, then I feel utterly justified in hounding you a bit. Furthermore, I would contend that the refusal to put forth any effort in spelling, grammar, and punctuation is disrespectful to every member of this board. In other words, it is rude.

I do not wish to engage in a clash of ideologies with you, Assassin. Let me merely say that I will "get off your back" as soon as it becomes evident that you are at least trying to make your posts readable, and have ceased trivializing the value of such efforts.

assassin
07-05-2003, 01:11 AM
I posted a formal apology to you, and anyone else I may have offended. I also stated that I would try and type more clearly in the future. I guess I posted it in the wrong place. If I find it I will send it to you. And again i'm sorry.:)

mcoupe11
07-05-2003, 01:40 AM
Excellent. I am glad you understand the value of the standards we maintain here. In the spirit of reconciliation, I apologize if I appeared unduly combative or abusive.