PDA

View Full Version : 05.23.04 Hunters

cclark1985
05-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Showing up?
Ready for me to hunt your ass down?

Probably.
The quest of finding myself ended to no avail.

skitelluride531
05-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Doubtful as I have finals the following week. Should be attending all summer skirmishes though.

The quest of finding myself ended to no avail.

What does that mean?

cclark1985
05-20-2004, 10:10 PM
What does that mean?

I was just answering my second question...

AustinWolv
05-20-2004, 10:15 PM
Yep, should be there.

I'm confused by the rest of the message......an attempt at sportsmanship? Joke?

LaPHtA
05-20-2004, 10:47 PM
Will be there...lurking in the shade...looking for YOU. :)

B.C.D.
05-21-2004, 01:21 AM
I will be there along with one other. :cool:

HammerHead
05-21-2004, 08:16 AM
I shall be there with at least one other San Antonian. We are still assessing our list of available individuals.

Jay
05-21-2004, 09:05 AM
Sorry. I will probably be in Houston.

cmattp
05-21-2004, 09:11 AM
I will be there, along with a friend. If anyone has an extra Aug magazine I could rent for my friend I would appreciate it. As he only has one magazine. PM me. Thanks in advance. I wasn't sure where to post this. So I figured this would be a great spot.

Brittain
05-21-2004, 11:14 AM
Looking forward to it.

Katana
05-21-2004, 11:30 AM
I'm planning on attending.

Agrovale
05-21-2004, 12:13 PM
I'm planning on attending.

Me too.890

Bstann
05-21-2004, 12:20 PM
Me three....

HammerHead
05-24-2004, 09:34 AM
I had a great time yesterday afternoon. Thank you, everyone, for having me up at Hunter's again!

AustinWolv
05-24-2004, 09:54 AM
Quick AAR (since info was requested):
Skirmish 1 - Forces split evenly; Objective was to move to El Paso and hold the point at the end of 60min's. Both forces started equidistant from El Paso and each had a spawn point that was slightly closer, but also equidistant from the objective. Two respawns were allowed. Proximity of the start and spawn points made for lots of action, but not too ridiculous.

Our side split into (2) 4-man fireteams, one of which was a runner team that was tasked to get El Paso as fast as possible. The other team trailed and set up perimeter security on the right and rear flanks. The fast team ran up to the point, as on the way one of its' members face-planted rather nicely. ;) The fast team quickly got to El Paso and as soon as they arrived, two opfor members were engaged and dispatched. Fast team and security team dug in around El Paso and came under continous fire from opfor probing units. At times, lots of fire was exchanged, but the thick brush made it tough for both sides to engage. Sight distance was limited as well for this reason, which did allow sneaky opfor to get in tight a few times. Our team took a few casulties, but they respawned quickly and returned to reinforce weak spots of the defense.
Game time limit expired with our side in control of the objective.

Skirmish 2 - Forces split evenly. No respawns. This was a move-to-contact elimination, with Bluefor starting at NYC, and Opfor starting at the shack. Bluefor proceeded to head west in the middle of the northern woods. Upon arriving about 40 yards short of Chicago, the first Opfor player was spotted and dispatched. Other visuals were seen, but couldn't be tracked. Bluefor moved forward slightly, with perimeter security set up. Another Opfor player was seen and eliminated at the front of our formation. Bluefor then waited for a short time, then moved forward again. From our left flank, one of Bluefor was hit. Other Bluefor members responded, eliminating the Opfor player. At this point, Bluefor seperated slightly, with a 3-man team continuing west through the woods to clear them out. 2 members stayed at the rear of the formation for security, in which they later spotted and eliminated a sniper. The other 2 members were static on the left flank, with one getting hit a short time later, but they also engaged other targets successfully. The remaining left flank member couldn't be reached for a while due to close proximity to an opfor player who he eventually eliminated.
At this point, the left-flank member regrouped with the forward 3-man team. Unfortunately, one of the guys had to split due to hydration issues, so hopefully he's feeling better. The forward team then swept down from Bismarck towards the shack and cut east to clear out that area.
The rear team, consisting of three players, were stalking an opfor player, but had trouble locating him. The forward team continued east, came north through Pitt, and then heard fire, which was the rear team engaging and eliminating the last opfor player.

Katana
05-24-2004, 11:10 AM
Great play from everyone. The fight in the thick stuff around El Paso was a mixture of boredom, tension, and terror, all mixed up. Perhaps that's the way it is when you can't really see what's shooting at you. It was just a huge, thick curtain of foilage with bb's coming out of it. The only time I ever truly saw a target was once down the fenceline trail when we were too far to fire accurately but they managed to suppress me, and at the very end when I heard them yell out to hit the objective followed by a lot of fighting and me running over to reinforce our team-mates sitting on the objective. I was promptly dispatched by an enemy who was faster on the draw than I was. A good, solid, forehead hit. Yeoch! I believe I was the only person on my team who was eliminated all three times and was knocked out of the game completely during the final few minutes, although we did have quite a few respawn at least once.

The second game was perhaps more continuously interesting because of the thick broad-leaf ground clutter in many areas. It was usually waist-high and really leant itself to ambushes. I was able to eliminate one player earlier on who was unlucky enough to come through a particularly noisy area on his approach, and then I jumped up and prepped to move out. I was told promptly by my squad-mates to get back down as there was a sniper out there somewhere. Tension went up fast at that point. Later on, what turned out to be the last player appeared to teleport from location to location as I would track him coming in and then hiking off in a different direction, and then he'd re-appear somewhere completely different. Our three-man squad tightened up so that I could brief the other two on the sighting I had been trying to track when the bogey re-appeared on a different bearing and from just about the only angle I didn't have decent cover from. He spotted me immediately at around 25 yards range through light cover and it immedately became a bit of a running gunfight with me jumping up and closing a bit to engage and trade fire, and my two squadmates leaping up and suppressing the area.

Somehow, we managed to get him. The final 10-15 minutes ended culminated in a 10 second firefight.

Again, good gaming. Thanks to all that participated.