PDA

View Full Version : Repairs for my PSG-1

Energizer_e2
05-18-2004, 11:32 PM
Sadly my PSG-1's motor has died... the problem with that is the motor is very rare. It's a PS Special Tuned Motor EG700-17. I was first wonder if anyone has seen a website, i'm not asking you do go out and look (which would be helpful), but if you've seen a webpage that sells these varient motor could you reply. Also i was wondering if any one knew what power spring i would have to install to move a 475fps gun to a 550fps. These are the very vague specks on what is already in the gun:
1. Install Prometheus spring
2. Systema Bearing middle gear
3. Systema Steel bushings
4. Inner barrel sealing
5. Gear seating calibration
6. Stock modification for custom battery
7. Custom gearbox work to ensure smooth operation.

Obsidian
05-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Just go buy a Medium torque up or super torque up motor. For that mattery probably any torque up motor would work given you are firing semi. If you need help shoot Agrovale a PM or mail him through www.Airsoftworx.com as he just finished doing a 550fps upgrade on his PSG.

Agrovale
05-19-2004, 09:27 AM
Hmm, where did you get the gun? The reason I ask is that I can't recall seeing any Prometheus springs, or bearing middle gears for the PSG-1. I'm not saying they don't exist, I've just never seen them. Anyway, I would do what Obsidian said, and try a Systema Super Torque Up (medium).

Energizer_e2
05-19-2004, 04:44 PM
I got the gun from RedwolfAirsoft.com.If you could upgrade my gun to 550fps that would be awesome!!!!! Alot of people i've talked to found it wierd that i have prometheus spring and such because most use systema.

Katana
05-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Are you planning on using that rifle for skirmishing with the main group?

If so, do you have a normal-strength backup weapon to carry at the same time, and can you tell when something is closer than 33 YARDS ( or 100 feet) away?

I just want to make sure you know the TASO sniper rifle velocity use restrictions before you spend any money on it. We're kinda testy when it comes to minimum engagement ranges and high-powered weaponry like a 550fps sniper rifle.

Energizer_e2
05-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Yes I am planning on using the PSG-1 in our Skirmishes, and yes i have a G3SAS with 385fps/speed ratio upgrade for my side arm. Oh and a Spring 270fps Desert eagle (270 on .2s :D ).

thejackal69
05-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Well man, I'm not sure if its the size you need, but I am selling the long type Systema Super torque up motor for $40. Look it up and see if thats what you need; if not, you should either order the motor yourself or pay agro or obs to work on it for you.

Energizer_e2
05-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Oh on the motor thing, turns out the motor works perfectly fine, some how the wiring of something is messed up. The battery works fine also, so i'm going to give it to Agrovale this weekend to fix.

Energizer_e2
05-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Does anyone have an idea of what the problem could be?? My gun seems to randomly work, today i put the motor and battery on and the gun works. 20 mins later after firing it some it randomly stops working after i lay it down. Any help or ideas would be greatly appriciated.