PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone own a MP5K?

Grant
05-16-2004, 11:55 AM
How does the MP5K work for you?
Does it have any problems?
Why would you suggest it?
I just like the MP5K and if i ever were to get another gun I would look into the MP5K so i want to know how it works.

AustinWolv
05-16-2004, 12:06 PM
Did you happen to look at other Airsoft sites to check on info on this particular AEG? I would suggest doing so since it has been on the market for a long time.
1. Worked fine when I had one. It was in stock form.
2. Lack of battery storage. Best to keep it stock.
3. I wouldn't, unless you wanted it for a backup weapon while on the field, particularly if your primary weapon is a sniper rifle or if you were playing CQB scenarios.
4. Works like any other AEG.

skitelluride531
05-16-2004, 12:06 PM
I used to own an MP5k. It worked just as good as any other Marui gun, except not that great of range due to the short inner barrel.

Here is a good review: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/beta/html/nukebrowser.php?filnavn=/reviews/mp5k/mp5k_review.htm

Katana
05-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Wolv and ski covered it. Unless you're going to get the PDW variant and hang a battery-bag off of the stock, or perhaps put a battery carrier up on top of a scope mount, you're not going to get much power or longevity out of it on the field. Without taking those two routes, you can usually stick one more cell on the packs to go from 8.4v to 9.6v, but even that requires cutting half of the bolt-carrier spring guide off, and the packs are still going to be 600mAh (unless there are some fancy new Nihm's or Lithiums out there of the appropriate size that I'm not aware of).

Qualitatively, it's mechanically sound and up to TM's usual levels of workmanship.

It's a neat little backup weapon (although a bit large considering that role is usually fulfilled by a handgun of some kind), but it wouldn't make a very good skirmish weapon considering the way most people play.