PDA

View Full Version : 3 Strikes Rule

Skizm
05-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Ok, due to the recent influx of of mind numbing post I would like to suggest that a "3 Strikes" rule be implimented. The guide lines for this rule that I persnonally would like to see are as follows...

1. If a moderator has to tell you more then 3 times in one day to stop doing something that is listed in the forum rules your suspended/gone.

2. If you post blatantly obvious garbage like "I've got an HK M4 with Silencer, Red Dot, flashlight, laser, etc" then that counts as a "strike"

3. If you ask repeatedly for that same thing in more then 1 thread, especially if it was answered in the first thread, then you get a strike.

4. "Flame Wars" have NO place in these forums and thus should be dealt with directly, quietly, and with extreme haste. Friendly ribbing is ok, but when it gets personal and repetative its a "flame".

These are the only ones that I can think of at the moment as I'm having horrible flashbacks to the days of AirsoftZone and DO NO want that crap coming here.

Comments, addition, criticism all welcomed

EDIT: Additional guidelines added

LaPHtA
05-11-2004, 01:35 PM
Perhaps a system that the moderator can tag an individual with say...a badge to identify the number of strikes one currently has? Said badges can be removed over time of course. Just a thought.

Or maybe a color bar (green, yellow, red), and color dictates how often one can post in a period of time. I'd think a cookie might even handle that bit.

HammerHead
05-11-2004, 01:51 PM
5. Irresponsible arguments with a moderator, who responsibly warned of forum conduct, merits a strike.

Agrovale
05-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Something like that is in work. Codename Karma. :)

AustinWolv
05-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. We're watching and evaluating.

Skizm
05-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Something like that is in work. Codename Karma. :)

I was leaning more towards "Operation : Bad JuJu"

:rolleyes: