PDA

View Full Version : 6.29.03 Hunters

Jay
06-23-2003, 04:17 PM
Will you be there?
What scenarios or game elements would you like to see played?
Will you bring friends?
Anything else?

AustinWolv
06-23-2003, 04:55 PM
1. Perhaps
2. Defend an objective against larger, highly mobile force. Run it with one side, then turn it around so everyone gets to do it each way....single elimination. One haybale field quick skirmish to let the BB's fly with 1-2 respawns allowed. Smaller force has to extract VIP, larger force has to find them and capture VIP (not kill, capture).....single elimination. Both forces have to find an object, neither side knows exact location.....each side will attempt to claim object and get it to extract point....both forces have different extract point.....medic rules with cards apply.
3. I sold them to a pawn shop.
4. Nope

Jono
06-23-2003, 05:37 PM
1. Maybe
2. Anything that doesnít involve me carrying a bucket.
3. Iím renting with an option to buy.
4. Negative

ThatPandaGuy
06-23-2003, 06:36 PM
1.) It is definately most likely^_^ (finally)
2.) Maybe to go and sabotage a machine that's been controlling Austin's hot weather=p But seriously, anything is good for me. Maybe have a nice lengthy mission along the day.
3.) Actually, i might bring out 3 friends, where two will have to rent out some gear, that might also include goggles..
4.) Yeah, lot's of people need to come out this time round. I definately want to see a large squad forces swarming in=p

Dark
06-23-2003, 10:30 PM
1. As long as the weather stays nice, I'm there. I don't like the idea of driving an hour to find rain and an empty field...
2. Anything
3. Nope
4. N/A

Codmaster Alex
06-23-2003, 10:58 PM
ya i'll be there

i'd like to see some woodland senarios. i have never been there before so i don't really know.

i don't know

how much is admition/food etc.?

self edit: okay it looks like i can't go because of work.

cclark1985
06-24-2003, 12:30 AM
I don't like the 1.2.3.4.....answering..soooo

if 6-29 is a sunday, which im sure it is, I'll be there for certain. I really like the idea of both teams trying to find an object, not knowing where it is. That's really cool.
I really hope we get a good sized croud this time. Im getting tired of the small groups showing up each weekend. Hunters is big too. So we need to take advantage of that. Spread out and use all the different terrain. We do need a few quick games, and also maybe some longer ones. We need to have more movement of teams also. It seems every game one team advances while the other picks cover to chill by....I could be wrong though, as Im only on one team at time.
We should set up some kind of things on that river bed that need to be captured......checkpoints of sorts, where the first team to control all wins (have different colored flags for both teams and putting them on the checkpoints). I just think that river bed has alot of potential :)

What do you yall think?

AustinWolv
06-24-2003, 09:15 AM
Comments on above posts:

SPELLING!

Field fee is $10; waiver must be signed. There is no food onsite, but periodically, Hunter's family has grilled up some hot dogs for sale. I wouldn't count on it though.

River bed? What river bed? The little creek that leads down to the dried-up pond? :cool:
There isn't much cover/concealment around the pond area, so skirmishing is essentially open field is pretty lame as both sides just "dance" around each other. Due to the varied terrain and tall grass to the west of there, that area is playable if that is what you are referring to.

As for both sides moving, I'd say that was accomplished pretty well in this past week's skirmishes at TXPB as I saw both sides advancing/manuevering most of the day.

As for controlling all the objectives to win, that is a simple, good idea. How would you like to run medic rules or respawns? If they are infinite, you're going to have some pretty tired people assuming it is hot. :D

cclark1985
06-26-2003, 11:33 PM
So how many people are we looking at that are going to be there for sure?

Katana
06-27-2003, 12:45 PM
"Will you be there?
What scenarios or game elements would you like to see played?
Will you bring friends?
Anything else?"

1) No. Work.
2) NA
3) NA
4) Nopers. Have fun, and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

vulcan52
06-28-2003, 03:01 PM
1. probably
2.don't care
3.most likely
4.N/A

Skizm
06-28-2003, 07:34 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be bringing out my red/green flags this weekend in hopes we can use them.

cclark1985
06-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Skizm
Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be bringing out my red/green flags this weekend in hopes we can use them.

sounds good!

cclark1985
06-29-2003, 05:56 PM
I had a great time today fellas! Lots of clever playing behind cover on both teams. The quick advance games are really fun! I just love having visuals the entire time :). Skizm, you got REAL lucky a few times there ;) (at least I think thats you, skizm.) We could have used a few more people though, woulda been alot more fun (IMO). I really loved that dense undergrowth in spots, really coceals movement well.

All in all it was a good day, several good kills on both ends.
One last thing, beware when my parts come in the mail, and I get more range :cool:

Dark
06-29-2003, 06:21 PM
We only had 6 people show up today, but I think everybody had a good time. As Cclark said, the games were very quick. Skizm's team made some pretty good flanking moves, and someone got a REAL nice shot on me when I was behind cover. All and all, it was a pretty fun day, especially considering the limited amount of people we had to work with.