PDA

View Full Version : L85a1 Aeg???

nf9648
05-02-2004, 08:10 PM
Anybody know if there is such a thing on the market, I just thought about the idea and dont see why there isnt one around, at least one that Ive found for sale. I found a spring L85 but not a AEG.

skitelluride531
05-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Airsoft club has one. http://www.airsoftclub.com/cart/cart.cgi?id=16&action=c&g=l

AustinWolv
05-02-2004, 08:21 PM
A Korean company, Academy I think, made one, but it was basically junk. Took a lot of work to be worthwhile from the research I did.

The AC version is a converted springer if I'm not mistaken. Just my personal opinion, but I wouldn't put any stock in their custom work.

It has been rumored that CA was going to release one sometime this year, but I haven't seen any other snippet of info that points to that actually happening.

MeanGreen
05-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Ever since 28 Days Later, I have wanted one of these weapons very much. Just something about the style of it that.... turns me on. :)

Mack4
05-03-2004, 12:11 AM
I hear yah M.G. I adore that rifle, an attractive bullpup is hard to find!
-Mack

Skizm
05-03-2004, 12:05 PM
A Korean company, Academy I think, made one, but it was basically junk. Took a lot of work to be worthwhile from the research I did.

You would be correct. Academy did make a "AEG" version of this particular replca which, at best, had sub-par performance to a TM MP5 using even .12g BBs. It also was not completely compatible with TM upgrade parts making it even less desirable, not to mention the plastic it was constructed from was considered "brittle" by those who purchased one.

The AC version is a converted springer if I'm not mistaken. Just my personal opinion, but I wouldn't put any stock in their custom work.
As for the AC version I do believe this was created from the original Academy model which used a gearbox similar to the one found in the TM FAMAS or at least a setup that was similar.

It has been rumored that CA was going to release one sometime this year, but I haven't seen any other snippet of info that points to that actually happening.

I've heard rumors on various message boards that have indicated that CA and TM were looking into building the L85A1 but I also haven't found anything that would substantiate this.

AustinWolv
05-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Here is where the rumor originated: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/beta/html/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=957

nschrein
05-03-2004, 10:15 PM
Not really sure why everyone wants one. The gun is a complete nightmare in real life, magazines falling out at random times, constant jamming, flimsy, sensitive to dirt, bad safety and the list goes on.

farmcoot
05-03-2004, 10:28 PM
Not really sure why everyone wants one. The gun is a complete nightmare in real life, magazines falling out at random times, constant jamming, flimsy, sensitive to dirt, bad safety and the list goes on.

I read reports from British troops that when they fired it fell apart in their hands, among other things.

MeanGreen
05-03-2004, 10:29 PM
It is a good thing we wouldn't be firing the real thing. :)

AustinWolv
05-03-2004, 10:31 PM
From above:
Ever since 28 Days Later, I have wanted one of these weapons very much. Just something about the style of it that.... turns me on.
:)

They do look pretty slick.

Mack4
05-04-2004, 08:54 PM
HK recently gutted and fixed most of the bugs in the gun, however british troops still prefer "yank rifles" to their own SA80 A2s/
-Mack

MeanGreen
05-04-2004, 08:56 PM
HK recently gutted and fixed most of the bugs in the gun, however british troops still prefer "yank rifles" to their own SA80 A2s/
-Mack
Yet some Yanks prefer "red rifles" over their own. :D

nschrein
05-05-2004, 06:50 PM
-Mack

I certainly wouldn't trust my life with one :) . Soldiers being left handed though creates a whole variety of problems with that gun.

MeanGreen
05-05-2004, 08:25 PM
I want an XM8. :(

nf9648
05-08-2004, 12:31 AM
Ive never had a issue with a M16a2 or a M4 carbine, I easily cycled over 300 rounds in my 8 months in Iraq, only problem I had was my fault, I didnt have the mag completely locked in when i was getting ready to test fire before a convoy, and when I pulled the charging handle back the mag dropped in some mud the consistency of baby shit. That one sat on the dash for the whole trip that day.

AustinWolv
05-08-2004, 12:37 AM
So everyone here realizes that we're talking about an Airsoft AEG, right? ;)

Katana
05-08-2004, 01:08 AM
I'm sure he does. :-)

Interesting anecdote, too.

cardinalquinn
03-21-2005, 06:41 PM
there is also a website called www.redwolfairsoft.com. go to aeg then go to academy :flame: :gun:

AustinWolv
03-21-2005, 10:25 PM
cardinal, welcome to the site. As a new member, please review and follow the forum guidelines. No need to pull up dead posts that have already run their course.