PDA

View Full Version : Tightbore barrel for mp5

cclark1985
06-22-2003, 08:09 PM
I was thinking about putting a different barrel in my mp5 and I have some questions to start off with. Since Im running the SD version of the mp5, I can hide a longer barrel under the silencer. Right now the barrel is extended but im unsure if its tightbore or not. Its a golden color.. lol, bout all i know about it
When i bought the gun it came with a TN tightbore barrel (uninstalled) for an mp5 (so its a short barrel), but i was wondering whats the longest barrel i can hide under the silencer. Maybe an m4a1 is the longest?

I would appreciate any help

and yes i know i didnt capitolize i or pay attention to grammar so do not correct...

AustinWolv
06-22-2003, 08:36 PM
Well, rightfully so, mcoupe will probably still get on your case. ;)

I'm fairly certain that I used a M4 inner barrel in my SD5 to get it as long as possible. Even so, I had to cut a bit of the barrel down to keep it inside the silencer.....only a couple inches at most if I recall correctly. I merely used a cutting wheel on a Dremel to cut the barrel down.

If you don't want to have to cut a barrel down any, take a look at the M1A1 Thompson barrel length. A good 70mm longer than a MP5 barrel and having one in my Thompson is better performance than a MP5-length barrel.

Monster
06-23-2003, 12:59 AM
I don't believe they make a TN Inner Barrel for the Thompson, but they do make one for the MC51. The Thompson barrel is 300mm and the MC51 is 285mm, I don't believe 15mm is going to make too much of a difference.

mcoupe11
06-23-2003, 03:19 AM
Well, I'm not sure what your post used to look like before it was edited, C.C., but the way it is now wouldn't have earned you my editing services; it's not bad enough to attract my ire.

Acknowledging that your post contains errors is no assurance that I will refrain from giving it "the treatment." On the contrary, such an admission is doubly damning in that it indicates, in addition to ignorance of the proper employment of the English language, laziness with regard to the language or indifference towards its rules. These sentiments are precisely what set me off.

It's like a person who suspects they've misspelled a word, and, instead of looking up the correct spelling, simply writes "(sp?)" after that word. If you think that you've spelled something incorrectly, why not fix it? I recommend http://www.webster.com for assistance in such corrections.

AustinWolv
06-23-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Monster
I don't believe they make a TN Inner Barrel for the Thompson, but they do make one for the MC51. The Thompson barrel is 300mm and the MC51 is 285mm, I don't believe 15mm is going to make too much of a difference.

Ah young Monster, your training is not yet complete. ;)
http://www.wargameclub.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=KM-AEP15ML_cat_Accurate Barrels for AEGs&PHPSESSID=fd4914360f0af45c2466a20c2c28132c

Especially since I bought one for my Thompson. :p

Monster
06-23-2003, 12:56 PM
Well, let me clarify. I was speaking of the silver-ish tightbore inner barrel, not the brass tightbore. The picture on the link wasn't working, so I don't know which inner barrel that was. A few months ago when I was going to do some upgrades to my SD5, I looked EVERYWHERE for a silver-ish tightbore for the Thompson. Finally, I was told to just go with the MC51 silver-ish tightbore, because they didn't make the silver-ish one for the Thompson.
If they do, I stand corrected. :o

AustinWolv
06-23-2003, 02:21 PM
Don't know who told you that, but you stand corrected. :) Just go look at WGC's site.

KM 6.04mm TN inner barrel for M1A1 ( 300mm ) In Stock US$50.00

KM makes the silver TN tightbore barrels. Systema makes the brass-colored tightbore barrels.

cclark1985
06-23-2003, 03:21 PM
silver=titanium

and thanks for the help, I suppose ill be looking arround for the m1a1 barrel