PDA

View Full Version : Silencers

Energizer_e2
04-29-2004, 09:11 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew of a silencer that reduces sound greatly. I just baught a G3SAS with a 385 upgrade, and a Speed Ratio upgrade, and its loud as hell. I can tell that most of the sound is coming out of the barrel though. So your opinion on a good silencer would be greatly apriciated!

AustinWolv
04-29-2004, 09:27 AM
One with foam in it will do a lot more than one without. It helps deaden the noise at the end of the barrel, but of course, your mechbox will still be plenty loud. Mainly, you'll notice a change in tone.

Agrovale
04-29-2004, 09:59 AM
I agree with Wolv, pretty much any of the ones out there that have foam in them will greatly reduce muzzle report. It will change it from 'crack crack crack' to 'whump whump whump'. :)

I have used a SOCOM silencer on my AUG and M4 with excellent results.

PS: Please don't yell at me because I used a .45 supressor on an AUG and M4 replica! :o

AustinWolv
04-29-2004, 10:20 AM
Please don't yell at me because I used a .45 supressor on an AUG and M4 replica! Katana will be waiting for you to turn in your patches.

:p

Katana
04-29-2004, 11:25 AM
Yes I will, Agro!

Wolv and Agro are entirely correct. The only thing a foam-filled silencer will alter at all will be a 'popping' sound that is heard at the end of the barrel on some AEG's. The level of change will vary with some barrel/piston/spring/cylinder combinations, and may amount to nothing more than a change in pitch, and not ambient volume.

Beyond that, the electric motor and gears in the mechbox will still be as loud as ever. To the shooter with a decent cheek-weld, it's often hard to tell any difference at all with that cacophony in their ear.

If you want to be sneaky in airsoft, the one thing you can do is fire single shots, separated at some length by pauses. Assuming you have decent concealment, this is the number-one thing by far that will get you eliminations without people knowing where you are at.

MeanGreen
04-29-2004, 06:05 PM
I actually have a silencer I would be willing to sell to you. I bought it for $50.00 and I would be willing to sell it for $20.00 It is an excelent silencer and it has server me well.

Arsenic
04-29-2004, 11:30 PM
Reece....if he doesnt buy it I will. I can pay you Sunday when we meet to go up to Austin.