PDA

View Full Version : Goggles.

MeanGreen
04-25-2004, 11:28 PM
I own two pair or goggles and I like both of them but I seem to be plauged with the fogging problem most of the times I play. One pair is JT Nvader and the others are Bolle X800ts and both of them fog quite a bit. I have been using those RainX anit-fog wipes lately and they seem to help a bit but I still get fog A LOT.

If anyone has a decent pair of goggles they use that have treated them well, please let me know because I am in the market. :confused:

farmcoot
04-25-2004, 11:31 PM
I own two pair or goggles and I like both of them but I seem to be plauged with the fogging problem most of the times I play. One pair is JT Nvader and the others are Bolle X800ts and both of them fog quite a bit. I have been using those RainX anit-fog wipes lately and they seem to help a bit but I still get fog A LOT.

If anyone has a decent pair of goggles they use that have treated them well, please let me know because I am in the market. :confused:

These might help alleviate the fog problem.

http://www.austinairsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3916&highlight=Anti-Fog+Wipes

Obsidian
04-25-2004, 11:52 PM
I think the key is to keep them clean. So far the turbocams are the only thing that I have had come close to keeping my vision clear on days like today. Even turbocams will fog up if they are not clean though.

AustinWolv
04-26-2004, 12:06 AM
Agree with Obsidian. It is imperative that a lens is kept clean, as moisture wants to collect on small particles.....hence, any lens will fog.

The TurboCams really help alleviate fog, but they are expensive. The downside to the TurboCams is the soft foam that rests against your face. It WILL collect water/sweat and if it gets soaked enough, the moisture will drip onto the lenses. That only happens in extreme cases though.

After using TurboCams, it made me realize the JT Spectra goggles I had were an extremely inferior product. Even wearing ballistics glasses hasn't been as good as wearing my TurboCams. I consider them one of my very best Airsoft purchases.

For starters, give those wipes linked above a try. IMO, quit using RainX stuff as I have never had a good experience with that stuff (on car windows or goggles). You may also want to visit a dive shop and ask for anti-fog stuff for dive masks. After that, you may want to try building a mask fan (article is on the Virginia Rangers site), or if you have the money, pick up TurboCam goggles.

Katana
04-26-2004, 12:10 AM
Note that the ESS TurboCams are a larger profile goggle, and can make wearing some headgear or getting a good cheek-weld with your buttstock quite interesting at times. They're supposed to be coming out with a lower-profile version of the TurboCams, but nobody seems to know when... and it's been in the works for a while now.

Alloy
04-26-2004, 01:29 AM
I use the Bolle T800's and don't really have fog problems. I wash them everytime I get back with dish washing liquid. They fogged on me today after a quick sprint. I took a clean soft rag, wiped the fog off, and they never fogged again. It was a pretty humid day too.

nf9648
04-27-2004, 10:12 PM
Stay away from wileyx's, Ive got the SG-1's and they rub on your eyelashes and will collect sweat if youre sitting in the shade...ess goggles are my preference, a little bulky but dont fog or catch dust.

MeanGreen
04-27-2004, 10:58 PM
I am definatly going to go get some Clorox Teflon wipes and try my luck with those. I appreciate the imput.

farmcoot
04-28-2004, 02:37 PM
I am definatly going to go get some Clorox Teflon wipes and try my luck with those. I appreciate the imput.

Let us know how they work out.

MeanGreen
04-28-2004, 06:50 PM
I should be heading out to Texas Paintball this weekend and I will write up a review of the preformance.

MeanGreen
05-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Well, I finally got some wipes. I used it on the lense, put the lense back in the frame and let it dry. Then I turned on the shower in my bathroom and let it get really steamy. I put them on for a good 8 minutes with no fogging AT ALL. Wow I am really excited about these wipes and really want to battle test them.

Dark
05-05-2004, 04:36 AM
I've been using these wipes on my Wiley X CQCs. The goggles still fog, but I noticed that they defog the second I take them off my face. I'd say these are about as good as antifog wipes get.

MeanGreen
05-10-2004, 07:03 PM
Well, here is my 2 cents. I used the wipes at the Bone Yard for about 3 hours and I did not fog at all. The problem was the sweat streaked down so bad unto my goggles that I could not see any better then when I was fogging.

*sigh* I love my T800s but I think it might be time to invest in some thermal goggles instead.

HammerHead
05-10-2004, 07:12 PM
Sweat solutions:
1. Headband.
2. Rub some antiperspirant on your forehead.

Alloy
05-10-2004, 07:17 PM
I too, love my T800's. RIght when the action started, they fogged slightly. I then took a clean soft cloth and wiped the inside of the lenses, free of fog and then put them on again. THey didn't fog after that. I use dishwashing soap to wash them.